Singapore - Day 1

Singapore Travel Blog

It was an unplanned trip to singapore. I searched travbuddy, but very less reviews... where are the sporeans ?.... anyways here is my small contribution....After 2 hrs of killing travel in Tiger Airways reached singapore finally. After pushing my friends to take me somewhere, the place I landed was Orchards road, there is nothing much to see here, full of malls. If you are shopping spree, this is the place. Then my next stop was to clarks quay. Travelling in singapore is very easy. Maps are available in all stations.You need to buy EZ links card. These can be used in MRT and in buses. Taxi's are very expensive, when compared to bangkok. Before going to clarks, we stopped at little india and china town for lunch. Its cheap and good. Little india was decorated for lights festival.

It was very different to see lots of indians outside india.In china town, there was a temple, worth a visit. Clarks quay is among the fav place for sporean's in the night. Near by you can find Merlion,Esplanade and Flyer. Some concerts were there in esplanade when we went. You can spend your evening time in this area. we did that too. Lots of places to eat and drink on the sides of the street. There seems to be a boat ride, which takes you along the singapore river. We didnt take this , as it was already late. You can get a good view of all these from the bridge near by. it was almost 11 P.M, we decided for shopping and dinner. One place comes into mind when it means shopping at this time in spore. Its MUSTAFA. Even at this time, it was crowded, It is considered as very cheap place for shopping and everything can be bought here. Check out the perfumes section and footwear section. Lots are there at cheap prices. Then as we came out, we decided to try out south indian restaurant. Anjappar was open and its a good place for dining, good food at little expensive price. After dinner its time to go back home. No MRT's , so taxi was the only choice, hurting my purse heavily. Night time,after 11 taxi's charge 50% more and there is surcharge also. So if u are backpacking, taxi's are the one's to be avoided.

nsolai says:
at last one agreed... my friends never agreed with me... guess they are used to it... :)
Posted on: Dec 28, 2008
heshy says:
I totally agree with yew..whoever wants to vist singapore,a single taxi trip can cost yew a day's meal allowance..
well thats if yr in a tyte budget....if yr planning on partynn late,wait till 5am++..they've gt early buses..
Posted on: Dec 27, 2008