Minnesota Snow Storm

Eagan Travel Blog

So, Minnesota hasn't had a good long snowy winter in a long time. People call it global warming, I call it a good time. The thing about Minnesota weather is, if you don't like it, wait 10 min and it will change. This is true, in fact, I think it snowed in June once, but don't quote me on that. The main thing that Minnesota Winters always have though is a huge snowstorm. Whether it melts the next day or stays for the next two months is up for debate, but the fact is that we get a huge snowstorm. This is evidence of said storm. I think we got around 2 to 3 feet of snow in one day. Crazy stuff, don't want to be driving in that.

It does remind me of the blizzard of 1991 though, that was a good one, I was like 4 or 5 years old, and it was October, not exactly winter season yet, but there was a blizzard and then I went trick-or-treating on Halloween in my Snow White costume, but obviously we were all bundled up in mittens hats and coats so no one could tell what anyone's costume was.
zachmtb says:
That's quite common here in McCall. 2 to 3 feet in less than 24 hours. The best snowboarding on the planet after a blizzard and the exuberance of the sun pops out. Polarized glasses are a necessity on those days! Gorgeous and quite the airy feeling gliding through so much powder.
Posted on: May 24, 2007