Minnehaha Falls

Minneapolis Travel Blog

Beautiful!
Okay, so all that driving around finally paid off! I went to Minnehaha Park with my friends Jim and Natalie. Jim and I just decided to walk around the park while we waited for Natalie to show up and I said, we HAVE to find the waterfall because we missed it so many times before! So he was like, alright. So we walked toward this historic monument of a house. I didn't know whose it was, he must not have been that important because I know who a lot of these guys are. Anyway, in front of this guy's house was this tree, and it had this big blob on it. So I looked at this blob and it was a HUGE group of caterpillars! It was disgusting! Jim eve tried to move them with a stick...it didn't work. Then we hear the sound of the waterfall! We followed it a ways and finally came upon the staris going down to the bottom of the falls.
There were a few levels where you could take photos. After experiencing the cool waterfall for awhile, we ventured along the path and there were some neat things like a sideways growing tree and some pretty sweet rocks we climbed. Then when you get a ways down the river you can wade in the river. We were going to do it, but we realized we didn't have anything to dry off our feet with when we were done, so we opted to wait for another day. It was also prom for some high school in the area because there was a group there taking pictures which was cool. Then we ended up playing Kings in the Corner in the park on a picnic table, and that was the end of the lovely weather day in May!
CrazyLisa says:
Wow those caterpillars are gross.. haha.. looks like a nice day though~
Posted on: May 15, 2007
The falls
The falls
Crazy tree
Crazy tree
Here I am on the top of the ledge.
Here I am on the top of the ledge.
Someone dug out a pit!