EuropeItalyPisa

Leaning to Pisa

Pisa Travel Blog

Leaning Tower of Pisa

I left Florence, and took a day trip to Pisa. Once I arrived, I walked to the famous Leaning Tower, with help from a map that I picked up at a visitor center. I would pass by a touristy area and cross over the river.

I would get to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I've always seen it on TV and in books, and and read about it, but finally, I would see it with my own 2 eyes. It was great, and so what if it's touristy. This is one of those sights that has to been seen, and checked off everyone's list when in Italy.

I had to buy a ticket for a certain time, which meant I would wait for a little while. When it came, I got inside the Tower, and went up the stairs. It got very tricky, because it would tilt to one side, then to the other side. Keeping my balance on this tilted, uneven stairway. Once I got to the top, I would see Pisa and the surrounding countryside. I could see soccer fields, which are no surprise in Italy.

I went back down, and then to the nearby Duomo, a huge cathedral. I looked around and sat down for a little while, to rest my sore feet. This place had a huge pulpit, and a set of iron doors.

After leaving the Duomo, I stop by for some lunch, then back to the train station. Then, I went to Siena. Once there, I had a bit difficulty finding a hotel, but managed to get a place that still had room. And I decided to spend a couple nights there.

me inside Leaning Tower