A breezy day by the coast

Malindi Travel Blog

A relaxing day by the coast.  Sipping a cool East African Tusker's beer in the warm shade watching people go by while I listen to English 90s rave music, best of all Sandstorm.  It's a good day finally after the 2.5hr matatu trip over bumpy roads.  I tried to visit the Marine National Park but unfortuntately touts wouldn't touch me because I only wanted a half-day experience not a full expensive one.  When you want to spend your money nobody wants to know.  Crazy business.  I did have a great idea of strolling through the sea to cut a corner at one point and ended up striding through thick seaweed.  I came out looking like a sea monster from the waste down.  Not one of my prettier moments I have to say.  Later I was advised to visit a cheap eatery for dinner.  For 50p I managed to get a bean thing with really nice sweet triangular bread (I still have no ideas what this is called and everytime I describe it to the locals they look at me funny), and a really sickly sweet orange juice.  Boy do they like their sugar over here.  And I thought I was going to give my cavities a rest on this trip.
Malindi