The Usambara Mountains

Mombo Travel Blog

I've been here for about 4 days now.  It's beautiful.  I don't have much time to say anything but know that it's rolling hills and valleys of green lush vegetation.  I'm staying in a little town called Lushoto.  I've taken a long pretty walk to Ireni View Point.  That was breathtaking.  I've tried to find the Bangala River, that was hard.  The first day I tried I came across a load of village children (I stupidly went on the weekend) wanting money.  They followed me for ages.  On the way back through another group followed me shouting and screaming and throwing rock (that missed luckily).  I was relieved to come across an older woman that started shouting at them to go away.  I found the river and climbed a hill today (26th Jan).  Hard work finding anythingwhen nobody gives good directions and just keeps telling you to carry on, but I did eventually find somewhere to enjoy near a small town called Sni.  This was rather ironic since it poored it down with rain the whole time I was there.  I'm off to Arusha in the morning and then Nairobi the day after.
photo by: polvandenwirre