Desert for Miles, Starry Nights...and NO Ants

Spitzkoppe Travel Blog

The changing scenery over 500km is astonishing.  At the beginning of our journey we were travelling through miles and miles of desert, by the end we were inbetween green rolling hills, desert and huge rock formations and boulders scattered across the land.  It was so beautiful.  Our camp was in the middle of this crazy scenery.  I decided to camp out in the open with only my sleeping bag, mozquito net and mat just so I could fall asleep gazing at the starry milky way.  When we arrived we went off on a walking tour across the desert land to seek out some bushman rock art paintings, the weird looking tree bearing the milky poison used for their poisonous arrows, and an awesome view from the top of one of the rock formations to watch the sunset (and take some cool siloette photos of me jumping backed by the amazing colous in the sky).  I can't actually describe how much of a beautiful day this was, I was constantly in a state of awe.  This is a short entry but this day and everything I saw and experienced made a huge impression on me.
Spitzkoppe