Washington DC 2005 - Weekend Trip With Sister and Pandas

Washington Travel Blog

my sister and me at the National Mall

It was winter break, and I decided to take a weekend trip to Washington DC with my sister. We have visited the Nation's Capital multiple times befores, usually with our parents. And by ourselves just once before.

We arrived into DC by Greyhound bus, and would check into the hotel. We ran into a problem with the hotel, as they would give us a room with just one bed, instead of the two. I tried to change rooms, but they would not do it, due to booking on Priceline. So I would have to use the couch, as the front desk would turn out to be extremely unhelpful. I kept asking for extra blankets, but they would never do it.

We would walk around the National Mall, and make a stop at some of the museums. Can't remember which ones we visited on this trip.

2 pandas enjoying their meal
And we would meet up with one of her friends in Georgetown a few times.

The highlight was visiting the National Zoological Park, more commonly known as the National Zoo. We just came in the morning, to see the pandas. I have seen pandas before, in San Diego. But this was my sister's first time seeing them. We would see the pandas, and a few other animals before leaving. It was nice that admission to this zoo was free, and getting to see some really rare animals!

Not recalling what else we did on this trip, but it was mostly a good one, with the only glaring issue with the hotel. When returning to Philly, I would have to go back to work, and my sister would head back to law school a short time after.

In this entry, almost all the photos and the video were taken by my sister, with the exception of the one with both of us on it.

my sister and me at the National M…
my sister and me at the National …
my sister at the National Mall