Florida 1994 - Senior Class Trip

Orlando Travel Blog

at World Showcase in Epcot

It was reaching the end of high school for me and the class of 1994. We would embark on a trip to Florida for our senior class trip.

It almost did not happen, as the school vice-principals (who did the actual discipline) considering cancelling the trip. That was because of our class election getting out of hand, due to the candidates disobeying the rule of "no mudslinging". I was one of those people, and even got cut off in the middle of the speech. But that's another story!

I was not sure how I felt about a trip to Disney World, after my last one, 3 years before, did not go well. That was the trip with my cousin and his family. The less said, the better. This class trip would be 4 days.

The first day, we would fly to Orlando, and take the bus to Epcot.

trying to pull the sword out (from "The Sword in the Stone")
We got there in the morning, and I tagged along with some friends. We would start off at Spaceship Earth, and walk around Future World. We went on all the rides there. Then it was onto the World Showcase. The day ended with some night show, and we had dinner at some restaurant. I was actually having a great time!

I was recovery from a cold, as we arrived at the hotel. They put 4 students to a room, which had 2 beds. Since I did not want to get others sick, I chose to sleep on the floor. I did not mind or cared, as I did not want to share a bed with anyone.

The 2nd day was to the Magic Kingdom. Once again, I tagged along with some friends. We went on some rides. But then, it got to the point where they did not seem interested in doing anything else, and I got very impatient, wanting to do more.
in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom
So I broke away on my own, and went on some rides by myself. I did get to ride both sides of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

The 3rd day was to Wet 'n Wild. That was when we just had a lot of fun at the water park. I went down some slides, but was too afraid to go down one, which was almost a straight vertical drop. I just could not do it. Also, when in a wavy pool, where the waters were deliberately rough, I ended up grabbing a raft, with total strangers. They were wondering, who is this weirdo? Also, I got to see my classmates in swim gear. Nothing more to say about that. ;)

Later that day, we went to Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. We were greeted to a medieval dinner, and the battle of the knights. After that, a dance party, where I really let it loose for once. I don't know why or how, it just happened.
knight show at Medieval Times
Even did something that I saw on the 3 Stooges.

The final day, was to Universal Studios. At first, I tagged along with some people, but later, broke away on my own. And good thing, as I got to ride the Hanna Barbera ride a couple times, play some video games, and go on the Back to the Future ride, among others. After spending time at the time, we went to the airport.

We arrived back into Philly at night, and yes, I would have school the next day. But most of my classmates took that day off. My parents never allowed the day off of school for me.

It was a fun trip, a lot better than I thought. And one of our last hurrahs, before graduating from high school.

at World Showcase in Epcot
trying to pull the sword out (from…
trying to pull the sword out (fro…
at Italy Pavilion in Epcot
at Italy Pavilion in Epcot
in front of Snow White ride
in front of Snow White ride
at Magic Kingdom
in front of Mr. Toads Wild Ride, …
in front of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride,…
Orlando