Sunday in Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Sunday being a typical "Mall Day" at home, it's a little bit odd to find everything close this big city.  If you hadn't plan to be in a museum or stay at home, you just better head to Champ Elysées where at least half the stores are open to shopping addicts, or someone looking for something to do.  I´m not really in shopping mode as I really just have a carry-on bag with me.   But it's a historical avenue for strolling where in 1800,  women used to come here and show off their most fashionable clothes.  And today, it's the avenue where you find one big brand after another, plus the cafés.

It didn't rain the day before so I didn't bring my umbrella today, which of course is a sure-fire way to start one!  Fortunately it caught me while I was very near a bus stop where I took shelter, could be better if I was near the Grand Palais!

I got off the metro station of Champ Elysées and walked towards the Arc de Triomphe.
from a distance
  I've gotten so used to walking but I was feeling a bit tired from the day before as I crossed 3 arrondissement, hehe.  So I lazily stroll and just take in the grandeur of this path.  A lot of the shops are not open but still there are lots of people walking about and hanging at cafes. It was really chilly after the rain so mostly people stayed inside the restaurant, not anymore at the terrasse, plus it's wet.  But the coolest thing is, you can still smoke inside! Though I was told that by next year, a law will be implemented to make Paris like the rest of the world,"no smoking inside".  They say that I visited just at the right time. Lol.

I was looking for the building of LV, half worried that I may have missed it and have to walk back, I was a bit tired, had to take a "pause café", but finally found it near the end of the street.  If you plan to go there directly, should get off the metro of Charles V instead.  I'm also getting the hang of this metro thingy, and the café life, feeling parisienne ;)

oddrey says:
So glad to see you're actually in Europe! Enjoy the trip and keep us updated.
Posted on: May 29, 2007
after a rain
after a rain
1/2
1/2
2/2
2/2
wouldnt it be great to be stuck h…
wouldn't it be great to be stuck …
Paris Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A typical Basque cuisine (my friend said, even the interior is typical basque) in the 13eme arrondissement near (by car) where we were staying, but of… read entire review
Paris