Perplexity

Manila Travel Blog

I know you expect to be reading something of France already.  But uh-uh, I'm still here, at my desk in deep perplexity.  I just can't believe it's April already.  I leave end of the month!  Yes, I got my visa.  Yes, my parents know I'm gonna be gone for a month, although it's actually 45 days, what is 15 days, really.  I've been talking about this trip since January and now it's April and what have I done so far to prepare for it??  I've not even finalized my itinerary! Well, I discarded the one I mentioned before.  It's really too ambitious.  12 cities?? Wasn't I ranting about package tours?

Anyway, so far I know I'll be in Paris at 7am on the 1st of May.  Oh wow, the thought of waking up in Paris.  I'm just not gonna think for now that it'll be after a 12 hours transatlantic flight.
  Seriously, I think the sight of Paris will just melt any jet lag.   I'm really, really excited about this but at the same time feel like I'm going cardiac.  I've never done long trip, backpacking type like this before.  The longest I've been away is for a month in the States but that's totally different as I had a home base at my friend's lovely home.  She was in between jobs then and had plan my whole stay -- upto what time to have coffee stops.

What do I bring with me?? Definitely something I can easily lug around.  Easily. Is that even possible??  I need to shop for a luggage.  I kinda need some tips on this.  Is 1 medium luggage and 1 knapsack type about right?  I'll be taking TGV, slower trains, & budget airlines to approximately 7 cities.

wanderlass says:
Thanks Nic. I'm in the same perplex state now planning my short CHina trip. Ha ha! It's not so much easier! Lol
Posted on: May 12, 2008
Ape says:
Hah, I was exactly like this before I left on my trip! Great blog!
Posted on: May 12, 2008
Amanda says:
Whatever you are thinking of taking, TAKE LESS!! Doing laundry will be your friend! Remember, you'll be lugging this stuff up and down LOADS of stairs to trains, metros and subways - it's NOT easy, and it does nothing but get heavier! Besides what you wear on the plane, 2 pairs of pants, 3 short sleeve tops, 2 long sleeve you can pull over them, and a lightweight jacket. Take 2 "Nighttime" outfits for when you go out on the town. Then do laundry! Anyone who disagrees speak up please, I don't want to steer Lilli wrong! But I swear my friend, nothing ruins a trip like this faster than heavy baggage, I know from bad experience...
Posted on: Apr 11, 2007