Barcelona Museums & Playa with a little set-back

Barcelona Travel Blog

Catarina and I arranged to meet and travel together today.  When I woke up and got ready to meet her at Plaza Real, I can't find my new camera! I looked inside my day bag and my small luggage and it's not there!  I got reeaaaally depressed as I had few days of pictures in it.  I used to download photos everyday but because I got new 2G memory, I didn't, hay!  I was so depress I couldn't get my ass to move.  I was contemplating on whether I should go back to the Gaudi places since I love it so much.  It was the worst 30 minutes of my life!

Ha ha ha, because I dunno how, but there it is under the mattress!  I found it when I finally decided to move on and fixed the bed/mattress. When I came in at 7 am, I was so sleepy that I didn't even bother to take off my jeans and jacket.
  I don't remember maybe I didn't close my day bag and camera fell off when I placed it on the floor.  I don't really care, ha ha ha.

So I went off and had lunch with Catarina who was starving, but also happy for me that I found my camera.  Then we went to the MNAC (Museo Nacional d'Art de Catalunya) and spend maybe an hour or so exploring.  Then we decided we wanted to see the playa (beach).  We were carrying a local map but somehow we couldn't get to the beach.  We want to take the cable car but it is close on the Saturday, I think, or maybe we are too late (5pm).  We ended up doing a lot of walking, which by now, I'm quite use to already and finally rewarded with the playa.

We walked around the beach and heard some festivities in the street and joined in.
  Then finally we chose a restaurant by the beach and ate paella and drink margarita.   Being from Southest Asia where beach equates to sun and warmth, I was totally taken aback by the chilliness/freeeeeezing temp of this beach! And it was so warm this morning that first time since arriving Europe, I was wearing sleeveless shirt.  But it was a good day.  Catarina and I talked and became like old friends.  We said goodbye by 10pm and hope that one day we will cross path again.

I went back to Jaume's and decided I will go to the airport and wait for my flight to Madrid.  I don't want to miss my flight by oversleeping or not knowing the way since Jaume's place is very far.  I went to Plasa de Catalunya to catch the metro but alas, it's closed.  I walked a long, long way and nobody could teach me if there's another way to the airport.  So! I got so fed up lugging my bag around, I ended up taking a cab. (!)

photo by: fivepointpalm