to all the people that i've met on my journey

Berkeley Travel Blog

a fellow traveler sent me a message like this many months ago, and i wanted to bring the smile that came to my face, to the faces of the people that i've met along my path.

as i sort through a seemingly endless stream of pictures, i can look back on the last 210ish days with an overwhelming sense of elation, success, accomplishment...and exhaustion. it feels like a lifetime ago that i was climbing around underground in caves in waitomo, or jumping on horses without saddles, or sticking my thumb out on the side of the road; years ago that i was sleeping on a boat and racing dinghies, running around in squeaky sand on a deserted beach; many moons since attempting to swim around an island in a storm, zooming around crowded streets on a scooter; and already a world away from roaming dusty alleys beside water buffalo, climbing around in snowy mountains...

one very important thing i learned is that people and relationships are really what make a place. my favorite experiences, the ones that stick out most in my mind, are solely based on the amazing people that i was with. forming relationships around the world is what my journey turned into - or always was about, and i just didn't know it.

thank you for your contribution to my world, and for rubbing elbows with me in various places around this planet.
143,406 km (89,108 miles) traveled