Week in Boracay

Boracay Travel Blog

I spent a week in Boracay at the Regency hotel on the beach towards last week of September. This was my first trip there and my first trip to the Philippines. This is an amazing place. Excellent beaches overall and awesome food and entertainment well integrated into the beach. The whole area is designed very well with everything close together and yet the beach has its own calm and beauty to it. I would strongly recommend for all kinds of folks - there is something for everyone - late night parties, relaxing by beach side, swimming pools for kids at hotels, lots of shopping etc.

In addition to the main Boracay white beach there are a lot of islands that you can go by boat and stop by at different beaches. I believe these travels and small islands are all amazing experiences. The other smaller islands all around are probably quieter and smaller overall. I found myself wishing I could stay a lot longer. This was my first trip all on my own. So it took the first two days for me to relax and actually start to enjoy myself. Towards the end I was ready to stay a lot longer.

The people here are also very friendly and I loved interacting with some of the locals as well. There is some excellent live music at the bars on the beach. I dont need to give you names - just walk along the beach and stop at whichever place catches your fancy. This place isnt as well discovered by several folks in other parts of the world. Over time it runs the risk of getting even more crowded - currently most visitors are from within SE Asia (Taiwan, China, HongKong) and probably a few from Australia/NZ etc.

photo by: cookiecandy22