Touring the Vineyards

Adelaide Travel Blog

On Thursday three of my cousins and I drove up to the Clare Valley which is well known for producing wine.  There are 42 vineyards in the area and we were up there for an afternoon, overnight and then the following morning.  We managed to get to 10 of them before having to come home and we tasted some very nice wines.  Each place allows you to taste any or all of their wines and then you are able to buy bottles from them if you really like one of them.  The problem I have is that I can only take 2 bottles back to the UK and don't really fancy carrying it all around Australia.  I bought two very nice bottles (the wine inside wasn't bad either!) and we drank them at the BBQ we had on the beach yesterday.

On Friday evening we went to see my cousin Ashlee's final year interior design exhibition before hitting the city for a few drinks and to see a band play in one of the pubs.  Yesterday I helped cook a rather large barbie for half of the family on the beach.  It was a red hot day and so I got myself a bit burnt as did one of my cousins.  I'd love to have almost every day be guaranteed with sunshine, but then I guess it'd get a bit boring after a while......maybe!

So, I'm off to Melbourne tomorrow and by the time I go I will have seen 29 of the cousins which is pretty good going I think.  Will just have to come back again to see the other 4 won't I!

Mr Mark