Things take a turn.. for the worse

Ubatuba Travel Blog

(Nat) Tues 2nd  Dec - After tears of joy the night before and the best sleep i´ve had in ages, I wake up to discover that I resemble or my forehead resembles a baby hammer head shark.. no joke! It is really swollen and so are my eyelids. (Lucy you will remember when I had my alergic reaction to penicilin.. well this is on a par)

We went to pharmacist to get antihistamines. I was feeling really bad from sunstroke so went back to the room and stayed there until the next morning.

Weds 3rd Dec - Wake up to discover no change. Alex goes to get stronger anti imflamatory pills. Stay in the room most of the day then have a walk around when the sun was less strong. Another early night, lost day :-(

Thurs 4th Dec - Ok, this is not funny anymore. All my eyes and nose are swollen. I look like i´ve been in a fight with Joe Calzaghe. Donned the sunglasses and headed to the hospital.

Opted not to go private and waited with the locals for 2 hours. You should not have to pay for healthcare! Not a pretty site, loads of screaming kids and people lying on bed trolleys in the corridors. Finally managed to speak to a doctor who spoke a bit of English who told me that it was an aniphalactic reaction to the sun or maybe to an insect bite. He recommends two injections.. Adrenaline and steriods. ow!

Ubatuba