there wasnt a typhoon! lies lies and all lies! and whats a catsup?!!

Olongapo Travel Blog

charming arent we?
it was a strange ride in the bus, firstly, outside, the heat was virtually searing, because as we passed small towns, men were halfnaked while massaging their big bellies, inside, the bus was very cold! i had to bring out my towel and cover my legs as i was only wearing shorts. as i looked at the sky, it said in the weather report that a typhoon was coming! but the sky was so clear and blue! lies lies lies! then sitting in front of us was a family and the woman with her small child or baby who can barely speak, she was teaching and speaking to the child in english, but her english was so weird.. i dont have any prejudices against people if they speak english which isnt the first language as my english is also not good, but its irritating! the funny part was, the small child-baby was just looking at her and doesnt even respond! ahahah ahahahah, and it couldve never gotten any weirder as the bus video was playing home alone, i really said excitedly to ben that "oh my god! its macaulay caulkin!" ben just looked at me and went back watching the film! ahahah ahahahahahaha everything was just so wrong! ahahahaha.
whats that?! ahahhaa

going to olongapo city, it was a very scenic ride, we passed green fields and pastures with the volcanic mountains in the horizon. ben and me were getting so excited now! but dissapoitments suddenly came to us, as the volcanic mountains include mt. pinatubo, where we were supposed to trek but it didnt pushed through, nevertheless, we would never experienced great hospitality in iloilo if we were there, so it was a 50/50 deal for us! whataver that is! ahahaa

now im really needing to go to the toilet. were already on the road for more than 2 hours! i dont know when the bus will stop! then we passed a small city and it was the longest traffic jam i experienced in the philippines! and surprisingly it was out of manila!

apparently it was the town's feat and there were parades going on the small street it didnt helped that the road was in construction, it was really a bad timing as my bladder was about to explode! arrrrgghh thank god for ben as he distracted my explosion as he kept pestering me about the word "vulcanizing" because he saw lots of signs of "vulcanizing shops" along the way, he was fascinated and curious about it! i told him, that vulcanizing repairs flat tires and cover them up so that the air in the tires wont get out and also a way to shut his mouth! ahahahaha kidding ^_^ ahahahha.
aprently its ketchup! lol

then as we got out of the town finally! the volcanic landscape was really awe inspiring! as ths land 20 years ago was buried by volcanic ashes from the eruption! and it was fascinating that it again thrived with people and vegetation! we passed rice fields again and lots of water buffalos standing lazily, it didnt helped us as we stopped near a water buffalo catching in action as it exerted all its effors to dispose all that it had eaten for the day right under our eyes! ahahahahah ahahaha aahahah ahaha it was even oe time but LOTS OF TIMES ahahaha ben and me looked at each and started saying "eeewwwwwwwwwwww" and laughed! ahahahaha ahahahah.

after an hour of trying to contain myself at last we had a bus stop! before even the bus can park correctly, i got out and went straight to the toilet! and hundreds of men crammed around the toilet, we had to take turns! aaarrghhhh!

then i remembered, we didnt had any breakfast and its almost 11 am.
ben has been obsessed with this!
there was a guy selling burgers and i bought one for me and ben! he gave us a sauce, when we got settled, ben again was so excited and kept on pestering me and i said what?! he pointed to the words on sauce and i really laughed hard! ahahahahaha it said CATSUP on it! ahahahahaha its  supposed to be ketchup! ahahahaha ahaha he asked me what it was and i told him its ketchup! ahaha ahaha. what a bunch of ignorants we are! ahaha

as we drove further to olongapo city, the landscape changed! hilly terrains and all! but i was so sleepy and so was bens. we didnt knew how long we slept, then suddenly a band from the window awoke us! the conductor really tapped our window from outside! we were already in olongapo! ahahaha.

we hurriedly went down, and looked for the bus that goes to san antonio! it wasnt an airconditioned one, ordinary and it was so narroe, our backpacks couldnt fit in, so i told the conductor that were paying one seat extra for our bags.
my boiled peanuts!!!!! yummy!

the bus was fucking full! people really beg us to remove our bags to have the extra seat, but it would be difficult because our packs are huge and heavy, we can let them sit on our legs for the entire trip and we didnt even knew how long it ill gonna be! one woman complained to the conductor that theres still a free seat with our bags! but i tokd her nicely that were really paying for it, she went away and smirked! how friendly was that?!

then vendors came up selling their goods, my extracted teeth was healed, i can chew enough SO I FUCKING BOUGHT BOILED PEANUTS! ahahahaha i was dying to eat them since i came to the philippines, but my tooth in the beginning was extracted but now!!!! i bought one bag and the vendor was so nice! someone even selled fresh turnips to eat as snack! ahahahaha ben gagged and he couldnt even imagine eating fresh turnips! ahahahah

at 11:30 am, the bus rolled on! ben and me high fived again!!!!! anawangin! here we come!!!!

lauro says:
we are a bunch of ignorant people thats all! ahahahaha
Posted on: Jun 19, 2009
meelg says:
Hey, you know you were right near my home town morong!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2009
ntgerald says:
Ketchup alternate spelling is catsup, you can look it up in reference materials. I think what was being sold was singkamas, jicama in the US and Mexico. I don't think it is the same as turnips.
Posted on: Jun 18, 2009