nobody's messing with me and can get away with it! hahahahaha

Vienna Travel Blog

my ultra sweet cheesecake, waste of money.
today is my last day in vienna, weird feeling. mixed, i miss düsseldorf, germany so much but yet, i am feeling at home in vienna, i am missing budapest and suprisingly bratislava! hahahaaha (du gurke!) hahaha.

when i woke up at about 10 am, i started really slow, my flight is at 5:40 pm. the train station and the train thats going to the aiport is not far from where i am staying. so theres no need to rush.

i gathered my things and tried to put them all in my trolley, including my small backpack. the deal for today, just go to the filipino store, buy some foods there and then go straight to the airport. but it was still early, but i have to pay attention to my 48 hours ticket, as it will expire at 2:40 pm.

i wached one last time a filipino movie hahah i know its cheesy, but arent we all?! hahaha.
thats right! europe brings peace because beside it says plenty up front nothing at the back! hahaha
then ariel came apprently his meeting ended earlier than expected.

so i said i will be leaving him again because i want to get some stuff at the store. honestly i think ive spend more than 50 euros on that filipino sotre! hahaha, they wont go bankrupt with me!

i just put on my jacket and schal, and didnt bring my passport with me.

went again at enkplatz subway station, until landstrasse, change trains to schwedenplatz and met the bubbly owner of the shop, we chated for a bit, but since ive been speaking german and english, i forgot some words in tagalog that i have to act it stupidly! hahaha. anyway i bought TEN CHINESE BUNS AND 6 CENTURY RED EGGS hahaha. if i would die of cholesterol they are to blame! hahaha.

anyway, as malou (the name of the shop owner) packed my things, she wished me good things for my flight back to germany.
the seats at the boarding gates!
it was so nice of her to give me salted friend peanuts with their skin still on with lots of roasted garlic for free! oh my god! i miss that in the philippines!

it was raining hard as i got off the store, so i put my hood on. when i got down to schwedenplatz station, someone stopped me, i thought he was a beggar asking for money, then suddenly he showed his badge! he's a fucking police. fuck. but i thought he was joking, or some sort of gag show because he looked like a far cry from policemen in germany, where they are really big and strong looking, he asked me to take off my mp3 headphones, because i cant hear what he was saying.

then he led me to couple of men, all the people were looking at me and i am sooo embarassed and my heart was beating fast because i dont have my passport with me!

this is a nasty and sweaty situation.
very ultra modern!
the cop dude was sking me questions and my mind was racing fast how to get out of this, i told him I CANT SPEAK GERMAN hahahahah and i am not from austria but from germany but filipino. he was asking for my identification cards or passport, i told i dont have it because i am leaving this day and if they want they can come with me to simmering borough so i can show them my passport, that was good since they will be too lazy as simmering where i am staying takes 30 minutes of travel time.

they still wont let me go, fuck, clock is ticking my ticket for 48 hours will expire, plus, its already 3 pm, and i have to be at the airport at 4 pm.  finally the cop asked me if i have anything with me with my name on it, i showed him my bank card, which has a japanese sticker of me smiling widely almost tongue pointing position on the cover hahahah.
the international airport of vienna with the austrian airlines logo.
it was more of a comedy show than a horror show if they detained me in the police precinct.

they scrutinized it, but at least the bank card has a name of my bank in düsseldorf with it, at least they know i am not from austria and i am not lying, well except the fact that i said i couldnt speak in german ^_^ hahahaha.

after some heart stopping moments, they finally let me go!!! thank god!

when i got back, i was trembling, embarassed and feel idiotic and stupid about leaving my passport. but it doenst matter nobody messes with me and can get away with it! hahaha.
the international airport

when i got back to ariels flat, everything was in place, put my stuff at my trolley and hugged ariel and thanked him for everything.

i got back down again and walked about 1 km, to the sbahn train to the airport, because it is located outside of vienna in schwechat. paid 3.40 euros and waited for my train.

as it came, this is it. its time to leave vienna and all the wonderful memories it made again, i just love this city so much.

it was not hard to find my airline check in counter, austrian airlines as it is the biggest of all in the aiport, the national carrier. the counters for inter-european flights had only one-man counter functioning, so its taking a while with the long lines, but i still have 1.30 minutes to spare, thats a lot of time.

then another counter opened and suddenly the line was fast.
my favorite airline!
when it got to mind, hand in my most valuable possesion of all, my passport hahah then after just seconds, i was checked in!

i went to smoke 2 cigarettes outside before heading back to the departure gates as i couldnt smoke anymore.

i got hungry and still have an hour before the last security check in. so i went to starbucks, and ordered cheesecake which i think it has more sugar than cheese in it and green tea. i didnt finished it, it was too sweet, waste of money! arrrghh.

then i spotted a smoking area! that was a bliss! i smoked again, not remembering that my boarding pass was just sticking out of my jeans pocket. when i got out, i tried to feel it, but it wasnt there anymore! aarghh my face was pale as white paper, i retracked my steps, went inside the smoking area again but it wasnt there, then i opened my jacket it was JUST ABOUT TO FALL.
the vienna airport control tower.
thank god! arrrggh., i got tensed and smoked again! hahaha.

then something caught my eyes, a dvd and gaming station store! i looked at my wallet, i only have 5 euros ^_^ so i went to the atm and withdraw 50, damn it, im spending more as i would have not. i went inside there and looked at the stuff. still have 30 minutes to board.

inside the store, all of thr interesting dvds i already have... and when i fpound something that isnt in my collection, it was bloody expensive! so i abandoned the idea. and went to the final security check in.

it was a breeze, since i am always using aiports, i didnt had any problems to get through. the waiting gates are full of ultramodern designed seats, very comfortable and i adore the style of the wide and heigh ceiling, it seems it is the trend of the european airports, same as charles de gaulle and madrid barajas.
perfect shot.

now this is what i like about planes going to düsseldorf, NO CRYING BABIES, NO MALICIOUS CHILDREN, NO UNSCRUPOLOUS CHARACTERS etc. about 90% of the passengers are businessmen. eventhough quite boring characters, the trip is quiet and relaxing. whereas the other boarding gate is going to milan, lots of unruly children, babies etc.

as usual, austrian airlines never fails to exceed my expectations, the service and the food was lovely.

my flight was at twilight, as my plane slowly ascends to the sky, we passed the rainclouds and behold the beautiful fading light of the blue sky and the orange pink glow of the setting sun, a perfet ending to the beggining of my trip for the year and one of my most unusual trips.

leaving austria, leaving vienna, i had a pang of sadness because austria, you are one of my favorite country, you are amazing, it always feels like i am at home and vienna, you will always be the one.

ich liebe dich wien, ich fühlte mich schon wie ein wiener.

auf wiedersehen wien.

lauro says:
yeah so many blah blah blah dramas im sick and tired! hahaha
Posted on: May 03, 2009
vodkaphix says:
You are one super cool funny dude!! hehehehehe. There is always a drama with you!
Posted on: May 03, 2009
lauro says:
hahahaha! yeah! i really thought it was a funeral picture too! hahahahah.

yeah it was a pity these past months that i coudlnt attend in nearby meetups but for sure in the near future! im just travelling travelling at the moment!
Posted on: Mar 30, 2009
my ultra sweet cheesecake, waste o…
my ultra sweet cheesecake, waste …
thats right! europe brings peace b…
thats right! europe brings peace …
very ultra modern!
the international airport of vienn…
the international airport of vien…
above the rainclouds.
above the rainclouds.
beautiful fading light.
beautiful fading light.
above the sea of clouds..
above the sea of clouds..
twilight, my favorite part of the …
twilight, my favorite part of the…
the european sky in twilight.
the european sky in twilight.
Vienna General Tips & Advice review
austrian airlines - the best airline!
from düsseldorf, germany to vienna, austria and back i flew with austrian airlines. the best airline that i had ever used while traveling inside e… read entire review
Vienna