the longest morning i had, a jolly plump man and goodbye doha airport.

Doha Travel Blog

the free internet at doha airport.
even though my body was really tired from the timezone, i still couldnt get sleep, not helping that i was too small for the reclined chairs hahahha and the constant pa in the middle of night echoing around the airport.i wasnt lucky this time like my first flight that i found a free pillow and all. but good thing, i brought my fleece jacket with me which i forgot the last time i was in the philippines, it never felt so warm while i made it my pillow.

i slept for a couple of hours but it wasnt enough, it doenst make sense to force myself to sleep, my flight back to germany is around 8:50 am, i got up at 5 am where the activity of the airport is slowly starting. so i gathered all my handcarry things and i went to the cafe again, i eventhough the servers arent friendy, although they are filipino, i like this side of the airport, because its far away from the center of activity and really really quiet.
part of the airport structure.
i looked at my wallet and i only have about 20 riyals, i dont know if thats enough because the atms in the airport doenst have any maestro on them and i cannot use my card.

so i lined in and looked longinly at the delicious pastries and sandwiches. when it was my turn, she more grumpier than ever! hahah because she was reprimanded by the peron in front of me that she isnt friendly. i asked her of what can i buy with my remaing euros and riyals, she said grumpily that i can only have tea. good lord, ok i had black tea to wake me up and i sat on the cafe, time really is so slow when doing nothing. i paced back and forth inside the airport, smoked and into the internet cafe lots of times. but almost 4 hours of waiting felt like ive done everythinfg in just 4 minutes.
one of the finished structures at doha airport.

i am really hungry, what i did, i went always to the drinking fountain and drank water from there, people looked at me oddly but i dont care, i drank from there because IT IS THERE. hahahaha.

after sometime, i felt like i was going to float with too much water in my body and i kept going to the toilets! hahahahaha. finally after so many hours of waiting they finally announced the boarding gates to frankfurt, it was on the 1st floor where the duty free is located. i never felt so secured in my life when i heard so many people speaking in german, it was strange for me, because after three weeks, i forgot most of my german even though i brought a german book for me to read (hadnt read it actually hahaha).

our flight was again delayed, so i went to the smoking section again and smoked lots of cigarettes, i dont know how much but i stayed there, the only thing that pushe me out, was that i couldnt inhale any longer the smoke and air inside the smoking area.
the airport road.

back at the boarding gates, i lined at the last part, when it was my turn, the woman who was checking at the boarding gates asked for my passport, she doesnt believe that i wasnt on the picture because my hair was longer (im bald now) and i had a lipring on the picture LOL, it took some minutes as she scrutinized me and my passport picture, and asked if i have a visa going to germany, i told her i dont need any visa, because in my passport is a resident permit in the schengen zone of europe. i really dont know whats inside me, lots of people think i looked like a terrorist! hahahaha.

finally we boarded at the aircraft! i swear i am going to eat my 20 kilos of noodles and canned goods which i brought from the philippines in my home in düsseldorf, im going to eat it all and no one's gonna stop me! hahahaha

i was thankful that my seat at the plane was the 2 seats at the windows and i have the aisle seat, which means i can go whenever i please to the toilet or stand and stretch.
passing through the airport road.

i wasseated beside a huge and plump german guy. but he was nice and smiled at me when i took a seat. he was saying something in german but i couldnt understand it because im not really concentrating hahaha and i was feeling draggy because i hadnt had much sleep. when the plane started to move and in the electronic thingamajigs were working, i sifted through the movie programs, they were all the same and boring.  i took a look at the cd compliations and i listened to a mantra cd and i felt relaxed. i started to close my eyes and i felt asleep.

part of the airport structure.
one of the finished structures at …
one of the finished structures at…
construction is everywhere.
construction is everywhere.
like a huge jail to be exact.
like a huge jail to be exact.
some buildings outside the airport.
some buildings outside the airport.
residences?
residences?
i dont like the way it looks.
i dont like the way it looks.
skyline of doha, but very hazy fro…
skyline of doha, but very hazy fr…
goodbye doha and good riddance.
goodbye doha and good riddance.
Doha