fighting jetlag!

Muntinlupa Travel Blog

me and ben sitting in the ampitheater.
jetlag is the hardest part for me in a long trip with different time zones in between. eventhough my body is so tired and really needing some slack im still hyper and so is ben which is dangerous because he's like tic toc in the wizard of oz, until his batteries up fully charged he will go on non-stop talking! hahahaha.

so what we did in the early evening, i suggested that we go to my favorite mall, which is not far from my home, but on another city in metro manila called "muntinlupa" and the name of the mall is alabang town center. ive seen this mall transformed to a posh one, from the humble begginings of 2 cinemas and a mcdonalds which i frequent when i was still studying highschool.

to get there, we must take a bus which goes to a certain point and then ride a jeepney! in the jeepney, ben again was so wide eyed as he couldnt believe he is riding the king of the philippine transportation system! and he was overjoyed that we sar near the driver and seeing the driver turn into a cashier which passengers pay directly and ben was even more elated when passengers try to hand the fare and changes to and fro from passengers who pays the driver and the driver gives back the change.
watching the battle of the bands.
i told him to try to participate in that and he told me that it is a way of feeling the culture firsthanded. i was glad about his reaction inside the jeepney!

in the mall, i feel a pang of nostalgia came to me, this is the mall i went to when i first cut class in highschool (hahaha) and just lots of memories which i wouldnt tell :P. this is also the favorite mall of my mother, which we together for the last time, had coffee at starbucks.

anyway enough of the blah blah nostalgia! hahaha. i still remember some of the layout of the mall, it is really beautiful there, because it is mediterenean inspired with clay roof bricks which i really love, lots of outdoor cafes, but the fountains are being renovated.

in the center is a small ampitheater and it was amazing because they are hosting a battle of the bands.
we sat and listened to some bands played. as ben was watching, i couldnt help but ponder, most of the bands, came from rich private schools in the south part of capital. of course, the rich bratty kids can afford to buy musical instruments which are very expensive, so most of them had the opportunity because they can afford it. it is now an eye opener for ben between the contrasts of the rich and poor social status in the philippines.

after watching a crappy band, we decided to eat and we went into the food court, we went to casa ilongga which is a cuisine from my mom's homeprovince in the philippines - iloilo. there were hundreds of food choices, and ben couldnt decide, so i decided for him to eat "batchoy" noodles with broth and meat from chicken, beef and porfk topped with spring onions and crispy pork skin, as ben tasted it, he was in heaven as he really liked it! our dessert was leche flan, a filipino variante of creme brulee in france.
best band weve heard!

after eating, we finally felt tiredness and decided to go home! tomorrow we decided to buy tickets going to baguio, which is located in the mountains as our stop to go further deep into the cordillera mountains to camp!

lauro says:
you are right! this is alabang town center! my favorite mall, i also live near here!

hahhahahaha the food court is far from the ampitheater :P and batchoy is too delicious to be wasted! ^_^ nyahaha
Posted on: May 31, 2009
meelg says:
that's so awesome! my moms from muntinlupa so Ive bben there to the mall!

and u should have thrown the batchoy at the crappy bands!!
:D
Posted on: May 30, 2009
lauro says:
you should go to iloilo! its been 15 years since i had been there, and i visited the place! its really beautiful specially the northern coastal areas! lots of unspoiled and untouristc islands!
Posted on: May 13, 2009
me and ben sitting in the ampithea…
me and ben sitting in the ampithe…
the crappy band! hahahaha
the crappy band! hahahaha
crap crap crap!
crap crap crap!
ben not really elated! hahaha
ben not really elated! hahaha
batchoy, ice tea and leche flan!
batchoy, ice tea and leche flan!
Muntinlupa