the in my face 'hostel' experience in breclav?' awwwwooooooooo

Breclav Travel Blog

hostel! hahahaha
i was feeling high and mighty confident when i landed in breclav, eventhough i lack sleep because i know that this area of czech republic they "can" still speak german, even if its low german, i can still understand it.

as i got out from the train, big tall chimneys greeted me, dark and grayer from the rain clouds, when i was in the platform it was a bit confusing for me, i didnt know where to go, so i just followed a dark lit hall full of graffitis going to nowhere, when i went up it was on the backside of the main station of breclav, that was funny i thought.

then i went like in circle to go back again to the main door of the central station, it was raining so hard. i was so dissapointed, because it doenst make any sense if i go to mikulov. i was so crushed, the weather did not cooperate. so what i did i went to the tourist information center and ask the woman if she can speak english or german and suprisingly neither of them but only little english, i asked where the inner city was, staré mesto in svloak but its almost the same in czech and she said just 15 minutes straight walking, i resigned that i would have to spend the remaining time in breclav because in the evening i have to met martin and ariel for dinner.
raining so heavily but the architectures and the leafless trees seemed interesting.

but first  i have to buy a ticket for vienna, then i asked the international ticket counter how much the price was and if i could pay in euros and its roughly 20 euros, wow, thats pretty steep. but anyway, i have to go to vienna, as i am missing it badly.

so i got my tickets and wait for about an hour and a half. might as well spend it exploring the little city.

so now this how my problems went:

i figured i have only more or less an hour to spare, i didnt changed my remaining euros to czech koruny. because as ive said, it doenst make any sense. now i need to go to the toilet. inside the station, there were toilets so i went in and an old cleaning woman was there collecting .5 cents for people who wanted to use the toilet.

naturally i dont have any czech koruny, and i asked the woman if she can speak english or german and she just held out her hand meaning she just wanted to have .
the killer clown!
5 cents, but i dont have it, what i did was i fished out 1 euro from my pocket which is by the way TWENTY SIX CZECH KORUNY and i gave it to her, the old woman scrutinized it carefully, word: SCRUTINIZED said something like: shffkrejfoldjasdeikofksdklsfjdjhdk and gave it to me back and moving her head in a no way and she basically shoo me outside of the toilet! hahahah whattafuck?! hahaha.

i really needed a toilet, so i walked to the "old town" as the woman from the information center said. it was a diffirent feeling as all the people knew even if i am 1000 miles away that i dont belong there. as they kept looking at me.

i followed a cemented path with a tree lined avenue, looks pretty, but my concentration was lost as i needed a god damn toilet. but my thoughts were lost as i came down to the end of the avenue, as a statue of a head of man just brought me out of my deep thoughts! it was scary! as if the man was in total pain and just cut his head off! the only thing that came to me, was that of the movie hostel.
someone chocked him to death!
if it werent for me needing a toilet, i would have been scared and turned back to the central station but i still went on and followed the street until i came across a river.

now it seems a bit odd here, as it looked like im going out of the city, the road opened up to a highway, i crossed the bridge on the river and my eyes squinted as i saw a WC sign or toilet! i went there immediately! hoping its a public one that i would not pay for, inside again was an old lady. here was our conversation:

me: english oder auf deutsch?

old woman: dfjolfjdkgjtoghjvkllfjdgfljbflvd

me: uh *pointing at the toilet*

old woman: dskcjdslfjlgjflgjfclsdjflgjdfögdklfkdö

me: ok, *i handed her 1 euro*

old woman: looking at the 1 euro and gave it back saying sdhkshfkfhskfjdkjsfjdl

me: *gave her TWO EUROS*

old woman: fujocjxcfldfjofjdoljfdlfjdlfjdlfjlfjd

and fucking shooed me away from the toilet! hahahahah whattafuck?!! HOSTEL! hahahaha

i went back to the bridge again then i saw a young teenager girl and asked her desperately the way to the old town, she said she can speak little english and said to me, just cross the bridge and walk straight.
arrghhhhhh

so i crossed the bridge again and walked straight, until i found some sort of shopping distrcit, and i saw a money changer! finally! i crossed the street and changed only 5 euros because i dont want to spend so much money and its pointless to have different currencies if i am back to the euro using countries which was again poitnless because they dont change coins, it was very scary as the money changing man was big, bulky, bald and huge! sort of like a mafia guy, i didnt even counted the money he gave to me there i just walked fast BACK TO THE BRIDGE AGAIN to where the god damn toilet was!

back in the toilet, i handed the old lady some coin, i never saw someone smiled with delight! hahahahaha as if she won the lotto or something. i refreshed myself in the toilet and used my fucking five cents to do everythign there! hahahah not exactly.

anyway, was fresh it was time to explore and find that old city, but after walking and walking i couldnt find it.
he was choked and strangled!
so i went back to the direction of the main station, i walked past a supermarket and bought myself an ice tea and chips which was suprisingly VERY CHEAP in this side of europe.

i till have more than 30 minutes to spare before my departure to vienna, now again it is very confusing here, they have a big screen showing which platform the train was and they only show it 5 mins. before the train would came so people really make mad dashing movements to catch their trains.  i went to the grocery inside the main station and with only 5 euros changed into czech koruny i can still buy another ice tea and sandwhich!

then my train to vienna said its comng in 10 minutes and i went to it. i asked a lady working at the main station and i just said what time to vienna? she just put out a pen and paper and wrote the time there. i just rolled my eyes well anyway that was helpful.

now it was again confusing. there are lots of people  waiting for trains, and one train came and i asked the people working there because its the same time my train is leaving to vienna and he said no, but to budapest.
the river that winds through breclav.

then an announcement came, it was in czech, german and english, to be honest, i couldnt understand the german announcement and the most suprising of all i could not understand the english announcement! arrrrghhhh but i marked that something vienna was said, so i hopped on the train.

i would be early back to vienna, but it would be nice as i can rest before having to meet martin and ariel for dinner.

as i found a free cabin, i started to get settled when the controller came, handed him my tickets he punched it and suddenly, he look confused he asked me where i am going and i said to vienna and he said that the train is going to berlin! which is on the otherside of the route hahahahahahaah arrrghhhh im so tired and really frustrated!  i really thought hes going to charge me for riding the train illegally but he only handed me a ticket going to brno and from there take a train to vienna costed me bloody 6 euros.
innocent people?
i was so tired and hungry, i sent sms to martin and ariel that i have to cancel the meeting because i am lost inside czech rep and everything was too much for me.

so along the way, in 20 mins, i would be in brno, ate my sandwhich hoping its not turkey meat arrrghhh. hostel!

lauro says:
but this trip is so special!!!
Posted on: May 03, 2009
vodkaphix says:
You are such a FUNNY Guy!!
Posted on: May 03, 2009
yadilitta says:
you're so right! this experiences make the trips more special.
Posted on: Mar 26, 2009
hostel! hahahaha
raining so heavily but the archite…
raining so heavily but the archit…
he was choked and strangled!
the river that winds through brecl…
the river that winds through brec…
the killer swans!
the killer swans!
hostel! hahahahaha
hostel! hahahahaha
see? they didnt put which patform …
see? they didnt put which patform…
scary leafless willow.