chicken poop, fertilizers, water buffalos, ah the countryside! i like!

Oton Travel Blog

after the tour around iloilo city with the battle truck, i felt dizzy with all the turns and circles that we did. with all the noise, honk and smoke coming out from the vehicles, makes me want to scream enough! ahahaha.

as we took the road going out of the center of iloilo city, suburbs, greens, a anot so congested roads and streets were to be seen. but still, has the city feeling to it.

we passed by arevalo district, the last suburb of iloilo going to the south. the plan is, to roadtrip the coastal road until miagao then back to la paz to get our things, then to my mother's farm then to the airport! seems like an ambitious plan with so little time! but our flight wasnt on 8pm, and when i looked at the time, i coudlnt believe it was only half past 8!

the next town outside of iloilo city to the south is called oton. as were driving through the town with its little districts and the sea on the left side, the song "superman" by john ondrasik played in the radio.

while manay boogie and ben chatted at the back of the battle truck, i just couldnt help myself to sing to that song! ahahaha.

while i was supposedly "singing" the air changed. it smelled of something, something familiar in my childhood.

as we drove along, houses became distant to one another, with wiede open fields and kalabaws or water buffalos lazily moving in the fields.  the smell of chickens, nipa huts where the traditional huts are built. it is a smell of being in an island, of being home, of being in the philippines.

yesterday, i wasnt able to enjoy the smell and see much  of the countryside as we drove along the northern coast, since we were enclosed in the airconditioned van. but today wasnt going to be! as the battle truck was so open! people from the ouside kept looking and staring at me as i was seated on the front! ahah i wanted to shout come on! im ilonggo too!  ahahaha.

Oton