being a good boy paid off, as i experienced business class in the worlds 5 star airline!!!

Doha Travel Blog

my book that i never finished reading! hahahahahah i think ive only read 8 pages and thats that! hahaha
my flight to manila the next day is at 2:50 pm, i slept barely for 3 hours last night and at 5 am the next day i was already awake! so i tried to sleep more, but to no avail, at 6 i found myself walking towards the cafe on the otherside for a mandatory green tea in the morning.

as usual the grumpy and cranky filipino baristas were there, and they rudely said why am i still at the airport, i told them patiently that i have a 20 hour stopover to my connecting flight, and then came the prying questions of where do i live, where do i go, what do i do, i just smiled at them and took my tea.

after reading for some time in the quiet area, i had a smoke and went to the internet cafe. still 10 hours to my boarding. i finally decided to eat heavy and oily breakfast of chicken sandwhich and some soda - yuck the chicken sandwich didnt taste kike chicken! i dont know what bird they put inside it but i can tell its definitely NOT chicken! arrghhh

after i finished it and started reading the book, actually i was getting comfortable with my spot until the sun shone from the glass window and it was so fucking hot, i decided to turn back again to the smoking area, smoked 3 cigarettes in a row and went down to the duty free to buy some things, my budget was up to only 20 euros, i decided to spent it all to a gift to a close friend who lended me her car to pick us up in the airport.
qatar air!
actually i can go to my house straight from the airport using public transportation, but i thought ben would be culture shocked as he would be just landing so, i decided to take the offer of my friend.

after the duty free, with so many blah blah blah with the euros, i finally got what i wanted and headed straight to the internet cafe, smoked and smoked and smoked. the agony came undone as they announced the boarding time, but still 2 hours to go, i had a feeling of being crucified at the end of this as i havent got enough sleep and i felt i was going to break down flat faced on the floor, so i decided to go back the last time to the cafe and bought water and something to nibble while waiting.

at the boarding gate, i had never seen so much filipinos abroad in my entire life, its like an armada! and the freaky thing was they all know each other! hahahaha.
my poor man's breakfast ^_^
so i felt like an outsider, well i dont speak that much, so i lined at the last people row. when it was my turn, the ground attendant asked me, "sir, would you like business class?" the air in my lungs whoosed out as the people near me heard it, but i kept my cool and said, why not? SO I GOT A FUCKING BUSINESS CLASS IN THE WORLDS 5 STAR AIRLINE!!!

down at the bus station, the ground attendants looked at my boarding pass and said in surprise, "sir you shouldnt be here, all the business and first class passengers will be fetched by a LIMO", considering my state, that all i wanna do is just go to the plane sit, have a drink and get it all over with, i said its fine if i would take the bus.

when i boarded the plane, it was my first time on a business class naturally, and i was overwhelmed by the treatment of the flight attendants! if i asked them to lick the mud on my shoes they would actually do it! hahahaha

in the seat, i was seated with a grumpy looking man who never puts down the newspaper everytime the flight attendant asked him what he wants.
sitting in the queit lounge.
i swear he was annoyed when i started playing with the buttons in my seat and the worst part was i pushed a button that my seat became a bed! hahahahaa it felt like it was my first time in an airplane! hahahaha

but then, he smiled at me and asked me IN TAGALOG of what my life is. hahahaha. he was actually nice! or was it i am really a good boy or just charming?! hahaha. i just realized he was a spanish-filipino - a mestizo.

as i finished fingering (?) hahah with the buttons of the automatic chair, i took out the menu card in front of me, i couldnt belive my eyes! its like a french restaurant! i am excited about the cuisines they offer! the blanket there was the warmest blanket i had ever used in a flight, the pillows were so soft and i got some amazing freebies like a tshirt (which i forgot) and a swag bag of aigner toiletries!!! who can beat that?! lol! haha

to be honest, it was the smoothest flight i had in my entire life! the bed mode on the chair really did it for me, my 20 hours stopover really paid off, as i experienced truly a business class in the worlds 5 star airline!

what a way to start my travel!!!

huibdos says:
Decadence, I know the feeling.
Posted on: Dec 07, 2010
lauro says:
i think the staff took pity at my state of how i looked like withouth sleep for 20 hours! lol
Posted on: Nov 16, 2009
runner0919 says:
wow how lucky!
Posted on: Nov 16, 2009
my book that i never finished read…
my book that i never finished rea…
my poor mans breakfast ^_^
my poor man's breakfast ^_^
sitting in the queit lounge.
the internet cafe in the distance.
the internet cafe in the distance.
the quiet area of doha airport.
the quiet area of doha airport.
the seats!
the seats!
doha skyline!
doha skyline!
sitting in the business class with…
sitting in the business class wit…
the embarking area!
the embarking area!
my freebie from aigner! :P
my freebie from aigner! :P
the great arabian desert!
the great arabian desert!
my table :P
my table :P
my entree - quail egg potage!
my entree - quail egg potage!
my main course of veal!
my main course of veal!
my dessert of ice cream with raspb…
my dessert of ice cream with rasp…
my afternoon snack! :P
my afternoon snack! :P
Doha General Tips & Advice review
doha international airport
doha international airport is probably one of the few airports around the world that is open 24 hours. the new doha international airport is under … read entire review
Doha General Tips & Advice review
qatar airways: a five star airlineā€
i flew with qatar air from frankfurt, germany to manila, philippines with a stop at doha, qatar and back. for only 838 euros. i do not know what to ex… read entire review
Doha