Fun at Finca Ixobel!

Poptun Travel Blog

Yummy breakfast at Finca Ixobel

(Note:  I will go back and update entries and pics for the last week if internet works)

Terrific day getting organized and relaxing at Finca Ixobel.  Jazy and Lia went horseback riding for a mere 100 Q today ($14) each.  Love it!

There are games to play, book exchanges, books to borrow, hammocks to try out.

Dinner last night was plated service with choice of meat, salad (fresh from their garden), veggies, bread, drink- delicious for just 45 Q.  We are going to partake of that deal again tonight!

Breakfast this morning is cooked to order for very cheap.  We had pancakes, eggs, bacon, hash browns, omelettes, and a fresh raspberry smoothie with milk!  Oh my!

We collected our clean and folded, and most importantly DRY laundry today for 100 Q.

I’ve copied my Guatemala documents, organized our travel schedule, checked the RV fluid levels, met new friends from Australia, England, and Colorado, etc.

Jazy, Lia and Antony (from NJ) getting ready to ride- wonderful time!

Yesterday, we walked back to the entrance of Tikal with a guy whose Dad has just moved to The Woodlands!  The son went to college in Colorado.  Small world!

Now I’m off to update the blog on their computers.

We just love this place!  It is like summer camp and the kids have run off all day playing with new friends from Guatemala City and Costa Rica.  We will head out tomorrow to visit Rio Dulce in our quest to Nicaragua in 9 days.

onegr8horsewoman says:
Your blogs get more and interesting. The blue hole is so beautiful. What amazing adventures. Ned says he will join you for Christmas. Will you really give the wheel over to him? Love you each of you and I miss your sweet voices. Love, Grammie
Posted on: Dec 12, 2008
TerryKaren says:
Thank you for the uodates and sharing your trip with us. We are really enjoying it even though we aren't there in person. Just to add to your enjoyment our lawn is white from sleet tonight here in Austin. Contiue to enjoy the trip and we are looking forward to the next update.
Posted on: Dec 09, 2008
Yummy breakfast at Finca Ixobel
Jazy, Lia and Antony (from NJ) get…
Jazy, Lia and Antony (from NJ) ge…
Hi-ho, Cowgirl Jazy!