Adios Amigos!

Houston Travel Blog

Visiting with Harriet Halkyard- "99 Days to Panama" author

We're making a run for the border!  Ciao Baby is raring for adventure.  The kids and I are packed up, dear Ned headed to the airport, and the dogs have gone to a friend's house.  It is dark, quiet, and strange for a brief moment.

Thanks to so many friends for help getting ready.  We have a Magic Jack for a phone line thanks to Charlie and Marti, we have a plan and
good advice thanks to Jonna, and a Find Me Spot thanks to Virginia. We're hoping to see Mimi and Jonna in just a few weeks in Merida.

Yesterday, Harriet Halkyard, who wrote "99 Days to Panama" blessed us with a visit- she's a fellow Houstonian and a wonderful adventurer.

We've had a wonderful time catching up with friends, visiting like social butterflies, enjoying Ned and the dogs, and playing.

Panama or Bust!
  On the otherhand, it has been a ton of work preparing for Mexico and Central America.  I think we're ready with some contingencies, but it will be interesting to see how well we've covered all the bases.  We installed a water filter in the RV, oil change, new fridge seals, etc.  I think she's in great shape.

Not sure if we're cross the border tomorrow, more likely Tuesday, but hopefully we'll blow across to Cuidad Victoria the first night in Mexico and then down along the Emerald Coast to the Yucatan, Belize by Dec. 1.

We'll keep you posted.  I'll try to update our blog as we find internet.  Ready or not, here we come!

Hugs to you all!

Tessa, headed south from Texas!  Whoo-hhhooooo!

travelpassion says:
Hey Tessa and kids, Enjoyed reading about the rest of your trip even tho we had to come home to CA. I will be very interested to hear how the "me spot" works (as I had a satellite phone for the Dempster). Pls also let us know any stories you hear about the safety in Mexico and the border towns. We will be reading your blog. Safe trip!! Faith and Sophie (from Inuvik pool and Dawson City grocers).
Posted on: Nov 10, 2008
angelldy77 says:
Stay safe across the border! We will be following your travels and hope you are able to post often.

Mando & Linda
Posted on: Nov 10, 2008
Visiting with Harriet Halkyard- 9…
Visiting with Harriet Halkyard- "…
photo by: vances