Beaver Lake Resort

Kelowna Travel Blog

Inside cabin, Beaver Lake Resort.
I was picked up at Kelowna airport by the lovely people at Rent-a-Wreck, who I'd hired a car with. Drove back to their office to sort out the paper work and get a map of B.C.

Then took about a fourty minute drive, to get to Beaver Lake Resort. Half the trip is on gravel roads, so it was a good job that there wasn't any snow yet - as I'm not sure that I'd have even got to the resort.

Got a super-friendly welcome on arrival, by the Hasler family. They made sure that I was all set up in their oldest cabin - there are engravings in the cabin of some of the previous residents, one of them from 1969.

I managed to get the fire going and make some tea. Out with a book and sat outside, looking at the lake. Bliss!

Most of the time at the resort was spent walking, canoeing on the lake and reading. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be alive. In the evenings you can hear the loons calling (listen to them on the opening page of Beaver Lake Resort ) and it just adds to an amazingly calming atmosphere. Ok, the cabin door didn't shut properly and I was a little paranoid about bears opening the door - but I was assured that they were lower down the hill.
Petra2111 says:
What an experience!
Posted on: Nov 06, 2008
Beaver Lake Lodge
Beaver Lake Lodge
Cabin and car at Beaver Lake resor…
Cabin and car at Beaver Lake reso…
Kelowna