Castles in the Sky.

Miami Travel Blog

We managed to board the Norwegian Sky by around 1ish, after which we immediately hit the buffet in true cruiser form lol. I remember the tasty fries they had on the last NCL cruise we took, so I made sure to snag some this time and they were indeed tasty like I remembered hehe. While we were in the dining room we inquired about the restaurant reservations, but I don't think we actually made one.

While we were eating on the deck, we noticed some people were already in the hot tub and noted to ourself that we needed to dress in our bathing suits next time so we could hit it right away also lol. We did a little people watching and chatted while we ate, enjoying the beautiful day.

We finished up our snack, explored the ship for a bit, and decided to head up and check out our room. It seemed to be a bit smaller than the other cruises that we've been on and the bed was in a twin configuration again lol! We relaxed a bit and looked at the itinerary for that day. There was a Welcome Aboard BBQ going on at 6 that we decided on attending. I laid down for the customary nap that I take during the mandatory evacuation drill lol. Katherine woke me up from the nap after the drill was over and we decided to head up to the Teen Club room and play on the WII for a while before we headed to the BBQ. We played for maybe 30-45 minutes and hit up the cookout. The food was OK, but we enjoyed chatting and people watching again. By this time the ship had undocked and we were leaving port. We did notice a funny sight..there was an island that was only accessible via Ferry, and some poor UPS delivery truck was stuck waiting for it lol.

I don't remember what we did for the next few hours..I think we headed back to our cabin and unpacked our bags for a bit. I might've napped for a little while longer..not sure exactly. Maybe Katherine can clear this up for me lol. Once we were unpacked, we headed up to Il Adagio to see if we could get sat, which they managed to do in short order. We had a very nice Italian meal, looking out the window at the dark sea and the other brightly ship (maybe it was the Carnival or Royal Caribbean ships docked next to us in port) following us lol. We had a very nice, leisurely dinner and were so stuffed that we had to take the desserts to go lol.

We headed back to the room and found our beds had been pushed together, but we still had two twin comforters lol. We were both worn out from driving through most of the night earlier, so we decided to turn in early.

photo by: ellieperla