No Nothing

Apo Island Travel Blog

Apo Island Beach Resort
The boat ride took about around an hour to reach Apo Island. As I stared out at the rough jello waters that divided the tiny island from the mainland, I thought of all the rich and greasy beach food I wanted to devour the entire way - grilled fatty pork and fish, all sorts of seafood and rice but alas, disappointment only awaited. By the time I reached the island, I had already built quit an appetite. I checked into the Apo Island Resort, the one of only 2 resorts on the tiny island and frequented mostly by foreigners, and scrutinized the menu. Funny, they had no pork selection listed. According to the waitress, "white people don't like pork." Hmph. So I asked for fish. Well, what do you know? No catch today. How this is even remotely possible when there's nothing but water for miles escapes me. WTF. Fine, chicken then. Dark meat, please. I nearly flipped. "White people don't like dark meat either, they'll only take the breast, so that's all we serve." Goodness, what is right with this place?? With my stomach still grumbling, I ordered the first thing on the menu that stared back at me, and whatever it was, it wasn't even tasty. To top it off, they were charging Manila prices for something that was rather lousy. Fail.

The lousy food was accompanied by equally nasty weather as the light drizzle eventually pelted down harder and continued to do so for the rest of the day. Double fail.

Arriving at Apo Island