Driving to Fort Myers

Fort Myers Travel Blog

Salty Sam Marina

Hey guys,  we left today around noon and headed south to Fort Myers. We made a quick stop at Wendy's for some lunch and back on the road we went.  We arrived in Fort Myers between 1530 and 1600 hours. We are staying in the Best Western. We headed sown to Salty Sam's Marina to check up on the bost ride tomorrow morning and to make sure we know how to get there. A woman for Key West Express told us as of now that the trip is still on but to call back after 2000 hours to make sure.

We headed back towards town and we started looking for a nice place to eat dinner. Red Lobster it is!!!  They always have great seafood. Mom and Dad had the coconut shrimp, Mike had grilled salmon, and I had the broiled seafood platter.  It all comes with a salad and cheese biscuits.

We are getting up at 0500 hours and meeting downstairs for breakfast and we will head on out to the marina. We have to be there before 0730 hours to checkin. And the boat leaves at 0830 hours. We should arrive in Key West between 1130 and 1200 hours.

Mike, Mom, and Dad
Mike, Mom, and Dad
Me, Mom, and Dad
Me, Mom, and Dad
Captain Morgan!!
Captain Morgan!!
Fort Myers Hotels & Accommodations review
Best Western Airport
Overall everything was very nice. The room and shower were clean. The beds were comfortable. They had a fridge and mircowave in the room. They offered… read entire review
Fort Myers Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Red Lobster
I have eaten at Red Lobster for a long time. I have never gotten anything bad at any of them. Our server Eddie was great. I never had to ask for a ref… read entire review
Fort Myers