Fitness Rally 2008 with Walk for all Seasons

Hyde Park Travel Blog

Oct 12 I drove up with my mom and Rick to Mohonk Resort in New Paltz NY but they were over full with tourists and visitors so we got turned away at the gate,  we didn't even make it to the crest of the hill.  My folks were very unhappy since I had never been there before and they told me it was so worth the trip.  I was supposed to go horseback riding that Sunday too.   We headed into Rhinebeck  NY instead for a shopping spree!  I would have rathered gone horseback riding and walked the grounds of Mohonk Resort.  But needless to say,  we had a good day.  We headed into Hyde Park that afternoon.  We got settled into our Hotel/Inn.  Right off of the Rte 9.  The Roosevelt Inn.  The owners were so friendly and helpful and maintained the Inn so beautifully.   They have a corky dog named Minna.  she is adorable.  she was very friendly to all of us guests at the Inn.

That first night we had dinner at Edo, a sushi restaurant.  Really good food.  The next day we had our first long hike/walk thru the trails, train tracks, and ended at Vanderbilt mansion.  Lots of history in Vanderbilt mansion.  The Vanderbilts were Nouvelle Rich while the Roosevelts were wealthy from being passed down thru the generations.   I learned so much about Eleanor Roosevelt.  She was absolutely an amazing women of her time.  A Renegade of her time undoubtedly!!!

We had dinner at Culinary Institute of American one night.   We ate in the Italian restaurant.  They have French, Italian and American at CIA.  It was well presented to us and the food was spectacular.

We headed to Rhinebeck for another day and had lunch at a great little Restaurant/Patisserie named Calico.  Everything at the restaurant is homemade.  They specialize in their desserts.

The week was full of activities, hiking,  long educational walks and absolutely the best food Hyde Park NY has to offer.

I have over three rolls of film taken from the trip!!!   But since I am moving to my new house on 25 Oct,  only 5 blocks fromt the beach on 21st Street,  and until I get my computer all set up again.  I won't be able to scan or post any photos for a while!!

Happy travels to you all!!

Hyde Park