Hey, Hey, Good-bye

Revere Travel Blog

October 18, 2008

Our last day of vacation. It is always a combination of panic and depression, which evens itself out to The Blahs. There is a certain rushed excitement about heading home and will soon be reunited with friends, family, and your own pillow But that is tempered by the fact that the fun is over and work looms. The only thing tipping your mood out of the doldrums is basking in the afterglow of recent memories.

This had been a great vacation. We got to see so much of New England and we learned a lot. The landscapes we saw were very pretty and it boggles me that they were even better just a few short days before we got there.

The rest of our day went just as scheduled. We returned our car, and believe it or not, my directions worked just fine. The shuttle dropped us off right in front of our terminal. Our flight to Chicago was on time. Our flight our of Chicago was on time and we only had to wait about 20 minutes for Jessi (daughter), Pete (boyfriend), and our dogs to pick us up.

Next year we are taking a road trip to Texas for our vacation. My wife’s Great Aunt will turn 85. She is the last sibling of my wife’s grandmother and we know there won’t be many more chances to see her again. We have also decided to take a few days and head over to Oklahoma City. I have heard good things about Bricktown and I have wanted to pay my respects to the Oklahoma City Memorial for quite some time.

Revere Hotels & Accommodations review
Nice Hotel, not so nice location
I chose to stay at The Courtyard Boston Revere/Saugus because it was reasonably close to a subway station, close to our rental car return location, an… read entire review
Revere