That Clash song again

London Travel Blog

London again.

I was feeling a bit seedy as I changed from Plane to Tube so as I exited the station to find somewhere to settle for the next few days I wasn't too keen to look to far afield.

I found an inner city hostel across the road and went in to give the man 25 squid per night for B&B.  I didn't bat an eyelid which just goes to show how ridiculous it is that I spent so much of my time bartering prices in Egypt and thought 25 Egyptian Pounds was too higher price for a B&B there (5 quid here) -crazy!

I blame the whole bartering system because it creates a mindset that seems to "over-value" money.   People are so desperate to get some off you that you do everything in your power to reduce your loss!

Anyway, I stayed in London for a couple of days, caught up with the delightful Dione again (briefly) and saw a few sights.

My oh my!
  I'd wanted to catch a performance of Starlight Express but it wasn't to be.

This was my 3rd or 4th visit to London so I wanted to swing by a few spots I hadn't yet seen.  Naturally I had my 2 cameras hanging off me and my trusty Underground map to show me the way.

No real story here.  I came.  I saw.  I still felt a little seedy.  I cut my trip short by a couple of days.

The good thing about Darryn was he had a job as a courier so he tripped between Bristol and London pretty much daily.

I gave him a ring and he collected me and my pack on his next delivery.  Too easy!

My oh my!
Dont let your dogs fould this area
Don't let your dogs fould this area
Thames
Thames
Punks in London (great movie)
Punks in London (great movie)
A sound of Covent Gardens