Zicke-zacke! Zicke-zacke! Hoy! Hoy! Hoy!

Torrance Travel Blog

Erika, Yvette and I

My friend Lyzette sent me an eVite with the caption BEER PRESSURE! Well, that sure caught my attention. It was an invitation to go to Alpine Village during Oktoberfest. I had never been there, but I had heard about it. So I answered that I would go. I am not a big fan of beer, but I am not one to say no to a good time! So I said to myself that for that night only I would be a beer drinker! And boy, I do not regret it! I had a good time! When we arrived at the parking structure I saw a HUGE white tent. It was big! Really big! And the parking lot was full! Yvette told me that they didn’t have the tent the previous year.

My sisters birthday was on the 16th of October and we went on the 17th.

Cheers!
So I thought I would treat her the whole night as my birthday present to her. Who knew she could drink as much as she did that night! I sure didn't! We got to the village and stood in line to get in. Apparently this year it was very organized, more so then the previous years. The entrance fee was $5 and there are two sizes of beer that you can buy. The first is a 32oz cup which is like $6 and then the 62oz which is $10, but to get 62oz you need to bring your own stein or mug. I didn’t have one, so I bought myself a huge mug. May as well go all the way with beer drinking, right? And I also got one for my sister. My friend Erika, who went with us, bought one for herself as well. Our friends were in line waiting to get in. We had arrived maybe 10 minutes before they did. So when they finally did come in, we had our big mugs ready to be filled, and what do you know, our friends brought their own mugs! So off we go to the beer line! We didn’t wait that long for beer, which was excellent!

Yvette then called her boyfriend to see where he was sitting since he was there super early.

So off we all go to sit at the place that he saved. It was a great location, too! We were not too far from the stage. There were so many people there already! It was crazy! I didn’t sit down at all! I was standing the entire time! I was too excited. I loved all the music the band was playing! When we got there, they were playing the chicken dance song. I didn’t expect that, but I had fun dancing to it. The band also had this other song that was funny. I don’t recall what was said during the song, but I do know it was funny and we had to make some hand movements. They would also should Zicke-zacke! Zicke-zacke! And the crowd would should HOY! HOY! HOY! I don’t know what it means (if it means anything at all), but it I just loved saying it!

Yvette and her bff Syndia were acting funny! They don’t see each other on a regular basis, but when they get together, WATCH OUT! Ridiculous things happen! They were doing this dance move, kind of like a wave movement while holding hands and I was taking a picture of them.

This guy comes from behind me and asks me to get in so he could take a picture. I tell him no but he kept insisting, so I said ok. Well, I get next to them and then I see the guy (I don’t remember his name), but what I notice was his outfit. It was his version of lederhosen with some cut off pants and green shirt w/suspenders. I go back to him and I say, “No, forget my picture! I need to take yours!” so I took his picture. He was a great guy!  Funny, too!

Honestly, the rest of the night was a blur. And by the end of the night, since everybody was in their cups, there were so many fights. I wonder if that is how it is at other Oktoberfest that happens all over. The group that I was hanging out with almost got into an altercation, too. Nothing happened, but that whole thing was because some guy was going trying to steal one of the steins on our table and my friends’ husband saw him.

Gaby & her hubby
But it was good. I can’t wait until next time! I am now a fan of Alpine Village and their Alpine Hofbrau, the house beer which also happens to be brewed there!  I just might go there again this weekend, who knows!

Erika and I
Elizabeth crushing a beer
Elizabeth crushing a beer
Striking a pose
Striking a pose
She can totally handle it!
She can totally handle it!
And this happened!
loved his beard
loved his beard
smile
smile
Thats how we felt at the end!
That's how we felt at the end!
im so over it!
i'm so over it!
Torrance Sights & Attractions review
Alpine Village Oktoberfest
This year went to Alpines' Oktoberfest for the first time and became a fan! They are celebrating their 40th year. Price to enter is $5 and beer, depen… read entire review