Paaram, Bicol

Naga Travel Blog

Bird's Eyeview of Gota Village Resort
We still had until 9 AM to explore Caramoan before going back to Naga. We had a breakfast of bicol express and blue marlin by the beach, took some more pictures of the islands and pictures of the village, wrapped up things then we checked out. There was a free shuttle service back to the port of Guijalo where we would be taking a boat back to Sabang. As we were on the van, I was a bit hesitant to ask the driver to stop for few minutes by the church because I really wanted to take some pictures of it. Well, I think I swallowed my tongue and was not able to ask the driver. Somehow, it could be just a coincidence but when we were almost by the church, there was a weird smell but not too strong inside the van.
Church of Caramoan
It smelled like something was wrong in the engine. I grabbed this opportunity to ask the driver to check the engine, and then I dashed to the church and took few pictures of it. Nonetheless, it was a perfect timing, really! I love this beautiful red brick church. It was quite interesting for a very remote place like Caramoan to have such a marvelous church like this.

After that, we proceeded to the port, we had to take a small bangka to bring us to the boat because it was low tide that time. The bangka was too small that I thought it would capsized due to our weight. Anyway, the trip back to Sabang was uneventful (no big waves, no typhoons, no anything) and unlucky for us, the boat has no back rest again, it was the only source of inconveniences during this boat ride though. The van ride back to Naga was a tough one, with faulty air-conditioning and cramped seats, the 1.
Villa Leonora
5 hours trip to Naga was a hell. My friend was a messed after the trip plus it was already pass lunchtime and we were feeling really hungry. We simply needed some food and good air that time. My friend's family was also in Naga, so we hitched our ride back to Calabanga with them with one stop to some local store so that I could buy some goodies (pili nuts - some were roasted, some were honey glazed, some with sugar coating) that I would be bringing back to Manila with me on my night trip.

We had our lunch in my friend's place and after eating, I took the liberty to take some photos of their place. Little did I know that her place is actually called Villa Leonora, this name is just fitting for the house because their place do look like a heritage house - old house, antiques and a hundred year old statue of Black Nazarene.
How cool is that eh? :)

I packed my things and prepared for my trip back to Manila onboard of Isarog Bus with Lazy Boy seats. My foster family there was just too nice that they even drove me back to Naga in Bus station. That was just too much kindness on their part that I felt I was an inch less, my gratitude to them was just not enough for all the things and kindness they extended to me. I will forever be indebted to them. This is Bicol hospitality at its premium. :)

Anyway, as I bid goodbye to Bicol, I know it won't be my last. I still have to see the perfect cone of Mt. Mayon and buy abaca products which Bicol is very known. I also want to swim with the whaleshark in Donsol. One more thing, I want to see the deer farm near Mt Isarog. Maybe explore Calaguas Island in Camarines Norte too!
pinkstarrz says:
i'm really amazed with the shots and the way you deliver your tour thru this blog...great writer! Cheers! :)
Posted on: Apr 14, 2009
planisphere says:
sigi next time, lets swim with the butanding and see the deer farm and of course, see the perfect cone of magayon. :)
Posted on: Oct 29, 2008
azalea_dhonz says:
sa susunod sama mo na kami ni diovie... mag bicol trip tayo... all the way to cata wahehe..
Posted on: Oct 28, 2008
Birds Eyeview of Gota Village Res…
Bird's Eyeview of Gota Village Re…
Cats Tail
Cat's Tail
Palayok o Banga?
Palayok o Banga?
100 yo Statue of Black Nazarene
100 yo Statue of Black Nazarene
Naga General Tips & Advice review
Lazy Boy Seat From Naga to Manila
Going back to Manila from Naga, I rode the Lazy Boy tourist bus. As the name implies, the seats are wide, with lots of elbow and leg room. Seats can g… read entire review
Naga