Bicol Express.. Again

Manila Travel Blog

On a normal friday in the office, people are allowed to come in on jeans as opposed to the normal long sleeves and slacks or barong and formal pants on a regular weekday. For this special friday, I bent the rule. Even people are allowed to wear jeans, we are not supposed to wear rubber shoes. On this specific friday, I put on my huge dorky hiking shoes when I came to the office. Why so? Because I would be heading directly to the bus station right after office.

The schedule for the bus trip was at 8:30 PM, my day in the office would end at 7 PM. I had no enough time if I took a taxi to the bus station in Cubao, spell traffic during friday nights in Manila.... Instead, I took the MRT, it was a rush hour which means that I would be a squeezed hotdog delight. Even with my full-packed travel bag, I had no other options except the train though. After the MRT ride and few hundred meters walk, I reached the station right on time where a relative was waiting for me.

I booked a trip with a travel group called travelfactor. I had no time to plan for this so I opted to join a group where my two relatives are already active members. I had been planning to go to bicol to swim with the gentle giant, the whale shark or locally known as butanding for about 3 years already. And for the past years, I always missed the season.... but not this year... :)

By 9:00 PM, I was already on the bus with strangers. I decided to sleep.

By 12 midnight, we had our first stopover in Tiaong, Quezon near Villa Escudero.

After my nicotine fix, I was backed in my seat on an artic temperature inside the bus. I was asleep mostly during the next 7 hours of the trip.
sylviandavid says: