Day 2 - DisneyLand

Disneyland Travel Blog

Pumpkins Taking Over Main St. U.S.A

It was 11 O' Clock by the time we got to the RER station and the train came soon after. As soon as reached the top of the escalator we saw the sign for Disneyland. The triplets nearly lost their lives! And us adults weren't much better. It was amazing to see that familiar logo. As we left the station we decided to see Disneyland Park first and Disneyland studios on Friday. There was no queue for tickets as it was midweek and also a bad day weather-wise. For a 2 day ticket, to both parks we spent €108 each. For an extra €25 we could have stayed in the park until 11 for the Halloween party on Friday, but we decidied the triplets would have been too tired to enjoy it after being on their feet all day.

We walked through Main St. U.S.A, which had been taken over and 'vandalised' by pumpkin people (see photos).

Phantom Manor
We didn't want to do any shopping on the first day cos we'd just be logging it around with us , so we just walked right through. We spotted Goofy outside the entrance to Frontierland. We waited for 10 mins for a photo, but then he left before it was our turn :( . We were gutted!

But we carried on into Frontierland. We boarded the steamboat for a tour of the land. From top deck we saw what was in store for us...Phantom Manor, Thunder Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. It was a 20 minute trip and when we disembarked we decided to try the Phnatom Manor first. The queue was 30 mins and when we got up the to front door we had no idea what to expect oncethe door opened. We were ushered into the foyer and told to stand in the centre of the room. Next thing the room started to sink! We found ourselves underground and were led to a ghost-train.

Thunder Mountain
The ride was short, but fun. The kids were a little scared, but that was the point, I guess. Outside we ran into Jack Skellington, who wasn't happy to have his house trespassed!

Our group was divided  for Thunder Mountain, my mother suffers with vertigo, so can't go on any high or fast rides. But the rest of us got in the queue which went on for ever! To be honest I was disappointed by the ride. It was very short and I didn't find it thrilling at all. But the others were shook by it. I'd been on much scarier rollarcoasters when I lived in Italy, so I have high expectations and Thunder Mountain just didn't cut it.

We headed towards Pirates of the Caribbean. Thankfully, the queue was short. The ride was fun. We went into a pirates world full of drunk sailors, treasure chests, skeletons and ghost ships.

As with the other rides, it didn't last very long and we soon found ourselves back outside.

Adventureland was next and I took a whopper on the wet floor of a cave/maze. Luckily my sister was the only one to see it, cos I was mortified!!  :)   There was an artificial tree, that we climbed to the top. And then back down.  I nearly fell again on a rope bridge. The rain was turning Disneyland into a death trap!

We were forced to buy matching yellow poncho raincoats (I have photos, but I'm not posting them!!). It felt like being home in Ireland, with the bloody weather.

Fantasyland was best enjoyed by the triplets. There were the Mad Hatter's Teacups, a maze, a carousel and I can't remember what else.

We went on the tea cups 4 times! Then they broke down and we had to leave:(

By this time it was nearly 7 anyway, so we made our way to the bandstand where the Disney band - Mickey and Minnie on vocals, Goofy on drums, Pluto on guitar and Donald on sax. It was getting dark and after the show, they turned on 15 lights on the castle to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Disnayland Paris. As we walked down main St. USA all the buildings lit up and it was magical. They kids were nearly crying at the thoughts of leaving. But they were also very tired and had 2 more days ahead of them. We were back at the hotel in no time and had pot noodle brought all the way from Ireland before collapsing into bed.

pearcetoyou says:
That's amazing...looks just like the one in Kissimmee FL.
Posted on: Oct 26, 2008