Day 1 - From Ballyneety to Bussy Saint George

Ballyneety Travel Blog

Tulip Inn

After an initial blunder while booking a hotel online (the first hotel was in the middle of a field!), we found the perfect place to stay. We booked a private shuttle bus from Beauvais airport to Bussy Saint George, where 2 quad rooms were waiting for us in The Tulip Inn. The hotel is 2 mins walk from the RER (like the metro, but travels further outside the city) station which took us directly to Disneyland in 5 mins for €2.40 each day. Our group was made up of myself, my sister, my mother, my friend and her 8 year old triplets. This was the kids first time out of Ireland, so they were buzzing with excitment from the moment we set off from little ol' Ballyneety.

The flight was fine, smooth all the way. It only took 1 hour 15 mins and we were out of the airport 10 mins after landing cos we had no cases to wait for. Ryanair charge so much for checking in bags that we figured we'd make do with hand-luggage. Our driver was waiting for us with a sign and led us through a muddy car-park to the van. It felt like we hadn't left Ireland with the rain!

We got to the hotel after an hour and a half and we delighted with our rooms. They bed were big and comfy and we had a 32 inch flat screen to entertain us. The only eng channel was CNN, but we got a great kid outta watching 'Extreme makeover, Home edition' dubbed in French :)

We had pizza in the hotel restaurant that evening and went to bed early to be in top form for Mickey & Co. next morning.

Ballyneety