Seeing the Sights

Seattle Travel Blog

My favorite Seattle spot

We happen to have family in Seattle who were able to show us around to all the great spots.  I found this city to be quite welcoming.  I really liked the laid back vibe.

I got to do some great shopping in Seattle.  I especially loved shopping at Nordstrom's Flagship store!  Pike Place Public Market is truly one of a kind.  It's found downtown overlooking the Elliot Bay waterfront.  The street level has a fish market, fresh fruit stands and many craft vendors selling unique handmade items.  There are also lower levels featuring some fun shops including Antique shops and comic book  stores.  There are also a few small restaurants.  Cross the cobblestone street and visit the very first Starbucks!  It's a small and unassuming little place, but great to say "I've been there"!

We ate at some wonderful restaurants, particularly Wild Ginger.

If you like Asian food, don't miss it.  Under Wild Ginger is the Triple Door lounge that features live music almost every night.  It's a very cool spot to chill at after dinner.  One night we went out with the whole gang and found this crazy karaoke bar with people from every race, culture and lifestyle.  It was an absolute blast!  I wish I could remember the name of that place.

I highly recommend a trip to Tacoma which is about a 30-40 minute drive from Seattle.  There are a few great museums here.  I loved the Museum of glass featuring Dale Chihuly's stunning glass artwork!  There are some really great free outdoor exhibits of some of his work including a hallway with thousands of glass sculptures in the walls and the ceiling.  If you end up in Tacoma and you like Thai food, you simply must go to Indochine!  The food is delicious and the dining room is a amazing featuring beautiful wood, waterfalls and there is even a pond in the middle of the room with seating all around it.  If you go, ask for the "Coco-Linda" cocktail named after my Aunt who is great friends with the owner.  It's a coconut-type drink that comes in a HUGE glass with an orchid in it.

Dale Chihuly Glass Ceiling Artwork
Dale Chihuly Glass Ceiling Artwork
I love the slanted streets!
I love the slanted streets!
Fun in Seattle