My Overall Thoughts of the Hotel

Cayo Coco Travel Blog

We weren't expecting much to be honest we thought that 2 of us would be sharing a double bed and one of us would have to sleep on a pull out bed or something so we were extatic to find that we had 3 double beds in the room one each yippeee!!! The bathroom had a toilet, bidet and bath with a overhanging shower. Seperate from the bathroom just outside was the sink and wardrobe which as you can imagine came in extremely handy with three girls trying to get ready!!! We had a telly with about 10 channels spanish and english. The balcony had a fantastic view.

The hotel was 5* in Cuba but it wouldn't be classed that in the UK but the place was cleaned everyday and was great in my mind.

There was Four options depending on which you wanted there was the buffet restaurant, a la carte restaurant, outside pizza place and during the day there was BBQ near the beach that done hot dogs during the day. We mainly used the buffet restaurant the first week. The food changed daily and they had a lot of different dishes. I'm not into fishy foods but since I was on holiday gave a crab dish a go it was quickly switched with pizza and chips haha. Well at least I tried!!! The second week we mainly ate outside at the pizza place. During the day you could get burgers, hotdogs, pizza etc and icecream!!! At night it was only pizza we soon realised we could have a pizza each so started sharing them and you got an amazing bruschetta I don't usually like tomatoes but the fact that it was covered in garlic I think made me fall in love with it. We never tried the al a carte restaurant cos Karen and Gillian didn't want to risk it incase they didn't like anything which was pretty daft considering we were in an all inclusive resort we could have just headed to the buffet restaurant so I guess that was a mistake on our part.

They also had rolls, cheese and ham in the lounge bar which was good to pick at if you were coming back from the small nightclub they had on site.

There was pool, gym, paragliding, canoes, pedalos etc. The pool was always busy so it was hard to get a spot unless you went down early but to be honest we only lay there one day it was too hot. The beach had a nice cool breeze and was always packed too I ended up with broken loungers a lot of the time so if you want a decent one get down early and just put a towl over one alot of people done this. Never went to the gym haha so can't comment. The canoes and pedalos weren't that busy so if you wanted to use them you would have got one right away. There was always people on the paraglider but it wasn't out for a lot of the day cos it was too windy. There was also a little night club on site which had great R&B music and pool table which was always surrounded by lads (male bonding :0)). There was also shows put on every night by the staff they we're great and they are excellent dancers must see!!!

There was a board situated at the towel exchange booth with the daily activities on they had something going everyday. There were also spanish lessons, dance lessons and horse riding available. Karen loves horse riding so she went twice while there the first time she went on the hour one which she loved so she booked the 2 hour one for the second week were she went along the beach and met others from different hotels which she loved.

There were loads of trips to choose from we only went on the Havana one which was great and I would really recommend it. I would go for the 3 day one if I went again. You would stay in a hotel for 2 nights, get shown round, wander about on your own and get to see what is meant to be an excellent Tropicana show. We were booked for the Colourful Cuba trip its was going to include a speedboat trip and visiting a crocodile farm but Karen got a bit sick on the coach and we had to get off. I spoke later to one of the boys that went on the trip but he said it wasn't that great. Only a few folk got on an actual speed boat and the rest had to go on a old boat with the motor on the back.

They were excellent really friendly and approachable you get good banter. The cleaners made little swans out of the towels and put flowers in the arrangement I loved this!!! Watch out for the gardners that sell monkeys that are made from coconuts they are dead cheap and great gifts to take home for people

Cayo Coco