Making Spanish Verbs Fun!

Nicaragua Travel Blog

Hello Travellers to Latin America

It's November and I should be winging my way to San Juan del Sur in Nicaragua where I teach English as a volunteer to local hospitality workers. However due to illnes in the family, I'm unable to leave Canada this winter. Yikes!

To keep busy, I've been developing a Spanish board game that I invented in Nicaragua two years ago.  I was studying Spanish four hours per day in San Juan but drowning in those annoying Spanish verb conjugations. That's when I came up with the idea of a board game based on Spanish verbs.

Called Verb It, it's a fast-paced race through Latin America that requires players to form verbs in order to advance around the board. Try this beginner's level question: ella/comer/presente. If you anwsered Ella come. She eats. Receive 100 pesos from the banker and a roll of the dice.

Sprinkled along the board are Pasaporte questions that will test your knowledge of Latin America. Try this question: Who is the current President of Puerto Rico?  If you answered Barak Obama, you win 100 pesos and a roll of the dice.

Verb It is ideal for any Spanish learner because both its verb questions and Pasaporte questions are geared to three levels of difficulty-- beginners, intermediate and advanced.

Portable: Verb It comes in a portable pouch which fits nicely into a backpack or bag.

Affordable: Only $25.99 Canadian dollars ( approx. $24 US, 18 euros)

The game is for sale on our niffy new website: where you will also find lots of quizzes where you can hone your Spanish verb skills and test yourself on Latin American trivia.

I would love to know what you think of the website and the game.

If you are traveling to San Juan del Sur, feel free to email me at: and I will try to answer your questions.

Buen viaje!

carolina franks,                                                                                                                                                                                              Peterborough, Ontario,                                                                                                                                                                                         Canada