Leaving Las Vegas!

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Ready to roll on out of Vegas!
Sometime on our drive to Vegas, Jenn called Sal to tell him that we would be late and to go ahead and grab some shut eye after he picks up BiG (Biglush_23) from the airport. Sal tells us he'll leave the house key under the door mat...cool!

When we got to Sal's at like 1230 am. The lights in his house were on so we suspected that the both of them would be up chatting. We get to the front door and lift the mat up...NO KEY. Doorbell ring...and voila!...Sal and BiG are awake chatting away in the kitchen. After quickie tour of Sal's home and oasis of a backyard, we all congregate in the kitchen with pomogranates and wine. We all stayed up well past 1 am before crashing in the guest rooms or couches.

I personally have trouble sleeping at a place for the first time and this time was no different.
Dunkin Donuts crew!
..it's like I am hypersensitive to my surroundings...I could hear Nhi softly snoring, Jenn, scratching, water dripping from Sal's aquarium IN THE LIVING ROOM, and the ticking of the clock in the guest room.  Since I couldn't get any shut eye, I decided to tire myself out to force myself to sleep so I went into the bathroom the only room where I can leave the light on and I read my travel book...501 Must See Islands (thanks Mel for the great birthday present)!

After about an hour of reading I head back into the guestroom slowly and quietly so as not to wake Nhi or Jenn. I shut my eyes I think for an hour then heard Jenn's alarm and I think BiG's alarm from the living room.  BiG was the first to get ready, followed by me, then Nhi, Sheila, and Jenn. Even with a blaring alarm, Sal had not awoken.

Jenn fixes the coffee maker which was suppose to automatically make coffee at a 430am to wake everybody up. Nancy arrives bright and early already with a cup of joe in hand. Sal finally wakes and is up and ready to drive half of us to Zion. Now we wait for RJ.

Shortly after RJ arrives and we all head out of the house to pack Sal and RJ's cars for the road trip to Utah! Bags in cars, we jump into our rides...Me, Nhi, BiG, & RJ in RJ's Toyota Tundra...Jenn, Sheila, Nancy, and Sal in Sal's Mazda SUV?...and we caravan to...Dunkin Donuts for the breakfast of TB Champions!
jenn79 says:
hehee! I think you might want to take out the part about the key though, for sal's safety!! =)
Posted on: Sep 17, 2009
Dunkin Donuts crew!
Nhi jumping into RJs ride!
Nhi jumping into RJ's ride!
Cutie Pies!
Cutie Pies!
Yup thats ALL of Sheilas stuff j…
Yup that's ALL of Sheila's stuff …
RJ and BiG!
RJ and BiG!
Good Morning Sunshine!!!
Good Morning Sunshine!!!
Dunkin Donuts crew, part deux!
Dunkin Donuts crew, part deux!
Las Vegas