Playing Canyon Golf

Apiti Travel Blog

The welcoming and warm lodge

Every year at work we take the new graduates away into the country for an intensive training course.  We stay at Makoura Lodge which is situtated on a farm about 1 hour  further inland from palmeerston North, after travelling through the small villages of Kimbolton and Apiti and then down a narrrow unsealed road...until reaching a farm lodge.  Throught out most of the year it is very popular for weddings and corporate functions.

The food is hearty and substantial...but very good when you are breathing in tthe country air.

There are plenty of activities to occupy the visitors when they are not involved in the course activities.

I had a great work trip up into the hills behind my city about 1 hour drive away.

Every year I help at work with our graduate workers who are on an accelerated development programme.

The target in canyon Golf
  I help with the training they receive, plus do some coaching for them too.  I enjoy it very much.  This year we had 6 graduate workers plus various staff who came and went over the 3 days in the hills. It is only 1 hour to drive to the lodge with only about 15 minutes on gravel road.

But with the quiet it is lovely to be away from the noise of the city. So dark and quiet at night...and early in the morning as the sun rises and the birds start to sing I went for runs around the country...magical!  It was 3x 16 hour days as I am working as a supervisor of the time at the lodge with the training...but we had good country food for breakfast lunch and dinner...

monky says:
Seems a very nice and relaxing place ah I love nature landscapes beutiful shots.
Posted on: May 15, 2010