Blessed Saturday

Rifle Travel Blog

Jeff and his two kids

I believe I’m able to write again because I’m in the now. I just record the recent past, the past I’ve tuned into. So far this morning I’ve been stiffed by a 7 year old for a quick game of Yahtzee in the morning light. I awoke to the sounds of Queen “We Will Rock You” coming from my girl’s room. I can’t think of a better way to wake.

I did a load of laundry this morning; Half the load a bag of BARBIE clothes my daughter received from a coworker’s daughter. The rainbow of poofy skirts and dresses laid out on the laundry basket drying in the a.

The inspiration for the great reflections
m. sun. Chloe says, “Hey Dad.” I look, and there she is at the top of the stairs, still in her underwear and tank from last night’s slumber. Only now she’s performing a trick she’s discovered with her tiny 5” waistline. Her hands on her sides, she squeezes perfect little fingers making her bellybutton close and open to a vertical line. I take a very long shot, (I know, I know, but I can’t help it..)

“Can I get that trick on tape?” I might as well have put it all on the chance of a lightening bolt catching me right between the peepers as my answer is a definite ‘No’. It was her first word and one I hope she remembers to use in her teenage years when her Dad’s not around.

The white cat darts and jumps at flybys in the back yard sending white hairs, ghostly slivers, wafting into the atmosphere, the sun creating a halo around the beast as she feels the life force of summer instinctively.

My boy sits beside me. Bored because his sister won’t play LEGOS with him. He smiles as he reads the preceding sentence. He’s been doing chores for me all weekend. So far he’s mowed the lawn, cleaned out my car, and picked up the play area from fallen apples. He interrupts my type to ask me to his room; He’s constructed an architectural rendering of Rib City Restaurant out of LEGOS. The tables are full. Only this establishment has BATMAN sitting next to a STAR WARS droid in it’s crowded configuration-- a Storm Trooper manning the register. (I will photograph it and send it to the restaurant.) Now he’s donned his work clothes and is going out back to take care of the pile of limbs we’ve got piled near the north fence line. He’s been saving all year for a PLAYSTATION, managed to get $113 so far (I said I’d half it with him). As his birthday is a couple of weeks out, I may just have to throw down some more plastic and surprise him. Spoil him a little actually as he spoils me everyday with his kind heart and loving nature. His orneriness is ok too. So is his habit of forgetting to make his bed.

Chlo’s got my spare IPOD (the old white 15 gigger) plugged into her Discovery Drum machine and she’s tapping into some of her old man’s music! Me? I’ve got my feet propped up on the coffee table, laptop on my laptop, 2nd cup of joe, and Phil Guy fueling my ears with inspiration to just breathe in and count my many blessings this sunny Saturday

TravellinChic says:
Posted on: Feb 09, 2010
rogers10 says:
Posted on: Oct 30, 2008
Jeff and his two kids
The inspiration for the great refl…
The inspiration for the great ref…
photo by: Bulldog1up