Touchdown in Sin City...

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Upon hitting the ground, i phone my benevolent host and he directs me to the pasenger pick-up area for a dust-off.  He instructs that he'll be picking me up in a blue Murano 2009, which will look a little different from the 2008 Murano.  I take it all with a grain of salt, too embarassed to know what a Murano looks like, and i head outside into the cold desert air, expecting a flashing blue camel with neon humps.  I pace the pick-up sidewalk, looking at blue Jaguars and blue Corvettes and blue Civics, and manage to avoid getting on a blue Neko-bus purring in the corner.  All goes well and we instantly recognize each other from our profile pictures hahahha!!  Many man-hugs are exchanged and instantly i know im in good hands for the weekend!!

We bounce off ideas of where and when and how we'll spend passing the time until the arrival of the LA crew, only to discover that we actually only have just enough time to make it to Sal's House before we have to get to sleep...the morning will dawn soon before we know it and sleep has been long overdue for days ^^ We talk of hopes and dreams, our psychologies and philosophies, our "how-i-discovered-Travbuddy" story and our Travbuddy stories as we jet along the interstate to the Las Vegas suburbs.  Twas quite a trip in itself, the sharing of past, present and near future in the span of a traverse across Las Vegas proper.  I felt as though i had discovered a long lost brother in Sal...he's an amazing guy in person!!  I quite highly recommend basking in his presence for any prolonged period of time.

We barely had time to put our bags down and unfold our weary limbs before the time the LA crew arrived, with much hustling and bustling, hugs and hugs again and again, until we had all played the introduction game, exchanging names and faces, with friends new and old.  Sal walked us through the walls of his castle, weaving and winding through his herb garden, his pool cabana, his fruit orchard, and finally into his kitchen for a bottle of red to settle and center our hearts and minds for the day yet to come.  That night we laid our heads down, minds swimming in the tides of waked slumber, dreaming of Zion.

Biglush_23 says:
Evidently im not very bright ^^ hahahaha!!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2008
jenn79 says:
Love the intro =) Intelligent, lyrical and fun. Can't wait for the rest - get to it! ;) P.S. Why are your other blog entries in Springdale? We were in Zion!!
Posted on: Oct 22, 2008