First day - Brisbane - Sydney - Bangkok

Bangkok Travel Blog

View from our Mini Hotel room window....and this is the better part of Bangkok - Thong Lo

We made it!!!!
We're here......after a velly, velly rong and tiling day.
We had prenty of time to get to frights, catch buses between terminals, and wait.......although, thankfurry we really didn't have to do too much of that, and it was rovery to sit when we did. We left home at 6am, to drop our car off at the storage place on the way  to the airport. This done they bus us to the International terminal where we discover that we should in fact, be at the domestic terminal for the first leg of our trip, our flight to Sydney. We catch the Airtrain after only an 11 minute wait, to the domestic terminal, check our luggage through to Bangkok and grab some breakfast before boarding our plane. Only an hour flight to Sydney, where we have several hours before our flight to Bangkok leaves at 4pm.
A porter would have been great! Adult company at times would have been even better.......but the kids have been wonderful. I'm travelling with my fifteen year old son, and 4.5 year old daughter, to meet up with my son's father who lives and works in Thailand, so that they can have some time together. While the boys bond, my daughter and I will be meeting up with my sister, who is coming from Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, and we'll be travelling the Northern regions of Thailand.
On the plane to Bangkok, I watched "Have U seen your Father Lately" with Colin Firth.........Noooo...he was in the movie, not ON the plane!!
Very interesting movie.......and thought provoking. Shortly after we arrived at Bangkok airport, we met up with my sister. Her plane was scheduled to arrive just before ours, but ours was early - tail-wind? - so we arrived at about the same time , but at opposite ends of the airport! We grabbed a taxi, and headed to our hotel - The Mini Hotel in Thonglor. It is a  small boutique hotel/guesthouse  and is above a bar/restaurant called Woodstock.

Got to bed about 3am, Aussie time - about midnight in Australia - then Kiara had me up at 7am.....I thought it was 10am, and bolted out of bed not wanting to miss brekky. My damned mobile hadn't automatically updated!!

Ki and I went out for a walk to the end of our Soi or Street, and found massages, coffee-shops, a pre-school - International and beautiful rugs, just in our street. We needed to stretch our legs after the long flight and late night.  At the pre-school there are officials directing traffic in and out of the parking and drop-off area......we (Aussie) could well do to take a leaf out of their book........such respect for little people.
Tis warm, humid and a little overcast, although that looks like clearing soon. Love it!

Trent's father arrived and took him away for his holiday with his new step-family, in his new step-country.

Think we girls might go shopping later - need clothes!

View from our Mini Hotel room wind…
View from our Mini Hotel room win…
photo by: halilee