Getting ready to leave

Santa Clara Travel Blog

As I was driving home this morning, I began to think that I needed a plan for Spain.  Originally I was going to go to Spain with only a backpack and a book...haha!  Then I thought, I must be a bit nuts ( I can hear Steph now saying Duh we already knew that) to not at least know where I am going to sleep the first night there.  I also began to think about what Justin said about blowing his budget by not have any type of a plan while in Spain last month.  Therefore, I now have a plan!!! :)

I am going to stay nights 1 & 2 in Madrid.  I want to be certain to see the Puerta del Sol, The Royal Palace, the Prado Museum, the Retiro Gardens, the Reina Sofia and of course eat a LOT of Tapas!

Then I am headed to spend the weekend in Barcelona.  I was told it would be smart to give myself a few days there, so I intend to stay 3 nights there.  I intend to see the architecture of Antoni Gaudi....Sagrada Familia church  and Casa Mila to name a couple.  I'm also going to check out the museums and Picasso paintings!

After Barcelona, I am going to head south to Granada and check out the le Hambra!  I am super excited.  My hope is that I will have an epiphany while I am there and it will have been a life changing event.  Hey a girl can dream can't she?! :)

From there I will head over to Seville and check out the beautiful city.  Then I will head back to Madrid for my last night so that I don't miss my flight home.  It's a good thing I have a son that will be here otherwise I might not come back! hehe

I hope to be able to log in every so often and upload photos and let everyone know I'm alive and what I have been up to!  So Hasta for now mi amigo's and amigas!

sandymc says:
Rob! You made it! Hooray! Have tons of fun! San & Mac
Posted on: Oct 22, 2008
kathly says:
Vaya con Dios!
Posted on: Oct 21, 2008
valjustice says:
We are so very excited for you Robin! However, I shall miss our daily conversations, but can't wait to hear about your adventure! be careful and live...........laugh.........and love!! See you in ten days!!

Val & jeff