Non-reving from Oakland to Honolulu and on to Kahului-Maui

Oakland Travel Blog

Checked in with the Customer Service manager at Hawaiian and was given a boarding pass for Honolulu.  It's always such a relief to get a boarding pass when you are traveling space available.  The aircraft was a Boeing 767-300 series with an economy class and a first class.  I lucked out and had the manager block off the seat next to me so I could stretch out a bit on the 5 hour flight.  Enjoyed the small sandwich and the mai tai's provided by the airline.  The flight flew by (pardon the pun) and we arrived quite a bit early to Honolulu.  From Honolulu I transferred terminals to catch an interisland flight to Maui.  This was quite an empty flight and was a Boeing 717 which was my first time on this particular plane.  I had the exit row to myself and just stared out the window most of the flight anxious for Maui.  I thought it was great that Hawaiian provides their customers with maps of the particular island they disembark on.
fearlessflyer82 says:
Yes! I did get to fly Aloha only one time and can you imagine they put me up front! First class from Kona back to Oakland.
Posted on: Sep 07, 2009
vulindlela says:
Sweet little NRSA trip!
Did you ever get to fly Aloha?
Posted on: Sep 07, 2009