Not in the neighbourhood

Landsmeer Travel Blog

Yes, these kind of attractions, absolutely not my kind, but it makes a nice picture....

When BJ asked me if she might registrate her at this casting agency I realized that I maybe had to accompany and bring her to various locations when she was called for an audition. But I said "yes" - ofcourse I did, if acting is what the child wants, who am I to keep her away from it.

And then within a week I got this email from the casting agency, the casting for the movie BJ wanted to go for was organized at Avonturenpark Hellendoorn. This is a playground type park with attractions such as rollercoasters, boat shaped swings and alike. In dutch these are sometimes called "pretparken", translated that would be funparks. I 've never seen the fun of it, I assure you. But ofcourse there has to be someone who have to watch the "tassen en jassen" or in english, the bags and coats. Now me and my husband both wants to keep an eye on those bags and coats.... and the kids were too small to let them alone in those thrill things, so in our family it was agreed we did not go to those "fun"parks.
Fortunately, there are no such parks in our nearby area :)

OK, this invitation was her first casting, and just for her mental encouragement, we needed to do this. I am not fond of driving in our overcrowded country, I do like driving, but I want to have the road for myself, of most of the road at least, which is almost impossible in the Netherlands nowadays ;)
So I asked for a date before noon, so I could go there early when roads are still quiet, and I should be able to return home early afternoon.
(I tried to check possibilities with public transport, but it would take me more than twice the time needed by car, and the costs would also be twice as much).

Now I only need to check the map, because I don't have Tom, never used Tom, actually never needed Tom before :)

Andy99 says:
"Break a leg" as the performing arts good-luck saying goes in English. Does BJ participate in theatre?
Posted on: Oct 29, 2008
homeres says:
oh dear, i dont even like driving thro Holland!
Posted on: Oct 19, 2008
Yes, these kind of attractions, ab…
Yes, these kind of attractions, a…
photo by: ik-ben-10eke