another travbuddy

Granada Travel Blog

The following day I was free (aside from a bit of emailing) to explore Nicaragua!  Nicole had some free time, so we met up, and I convinced her to come down to Granada for a few hours, where I was planning to spend the night.  In Granada, we met another traveller from the website, Stu, and the three of us walked around Granada, and had lunch together.

Granada is a beautiful colonial town, set between volcanoes, and right next to the enormous lake Nicaragua.  There was some lovely churches, including one that you can climb up into the bell tower, for an amazing view of all the surrounding area.   Many of the streets are cobblestone, and there are horse-drawn carriages that you can get in, next to the central park.   Most of the buildings have inner courtyards, with gardens, fountains, sometimes pools.  I stayed in the same hotel/hostel that Stu was staying in, which had dorm rooms as well as private rooms (I opted for the latter- I think I’m too old now for dorm rooms J).  Nicole left late afternoon.  Stu and I went out to dinner together, as well as a few drinks, then met with some other travelers that were sitting around chatting at the hostel.

photo by: monoli