On my own!

Managua Travel Blog

Ahhh- a big bed to myself!

I’ve just returned from Nicaragua!  My work sent me there for a travel show for Central America- resorts, hotels, and tour operators from all the Central American countries had tables set up, and buyers (travel agents, wholesellers) came from the U.S., Canada, Europe etc to make some new connections, and check out possibilities for their clients.  I knew ‘Nicaragua’ would spark the immediate reaction from mom of ‘oh, it’s so dangerous- what if something happens to you?’ and ‘who will watch the boys, how do you know she won’t kidnap them or something?’ (they stayed in Roatan while I was gone- Mirta, who watches them while I’m at work, stayed at the house with them).  So I decided I’d share my happy news of my first business trip after I returned J

The trip was fairly last minute, with just about 10 days to get everything arranged.   The owners hadn’t been planning to go this year, as things are quite busy for them, but once I came on full-time, Milesse thought about sending me.  My work covered my flight, meals, hotel (Intercontinental, and as all the regular rooms were booked, I was on the executive floor!!).  I was there for 3 days of work, and 2 days of exploring, plus a day of travel, so 6 nights total- most of them on Egyptian cotton with goosedown pillows (one night I travelled down to Granada, when I wasn’t working, so that wasn’t quite as luxurious).

There were a few other people I knew going (from other resorts), a couple were on the flight over with me.  We got to Managua in the evening about 9 on Thursday, so by the time we got our bags and got to the hotel, I just had a bath and went to bed.
Managua